Aquagenarian

Nov 29, 2022
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi Jim, will the intelliflo I/O and the intellicenter integrate? I ran out of relays on my main panel and I’m considering running booster pump and salt cell from pump I/O

Last edited by a moderator:
Moe,

Running the salt cell from the pump does not sound like a very good idea to me... It is controlled by the pump filter relay, which can't be used as an Aux relay, so I don't see point.. :scratch:

If you have the IntelliCenter, it will talk to the pump, but I doubt it has the ability to close either of the IntelliFlo3's optional relays.

How many relays do you have and what are they being used for? I suspect you are using relays that don't need to be used..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Moe,

Running the salt cell from the pump does not sound like a very good idea to me... It is controlled by the pump filter relay, which can't be used as an Aux relay, so I don't see point.. :scratch:

If you have the IntelliCenter, it will talk to the pump, but I doubt it has the ability to close either of the IntelliFlo3's optional relays.

How many relays do you have and what are they being used for? I suspect you are using relays that don't need to be used..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I have three pumps, gas heater, 10 globrights (spa, bubblers, shelf, main) plus a set of 2 intellibrights. Currently the intellibrights are on same relay as four glo brights. I want to separate the glo from the intellibrights. Pool is 1000 sq ft L shape

Moe,

You must have missed the 'planning' meeting before you bought the IntelliCenter with only 5 relays.. :poke: :mrgreen:

Only single speed pumps need relays.
Gas heater does not need a relay.
But.. there is no doubt that any light, or group of lights, that you want to independently control needs its own relay. And in theory a transformer as well.

You might want to think about upgrading to an i10PS.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Moe,

You must have missed the 'planning' meeting before you bought the IntelliCenter with only 5 relays.. :poke: :mrgreen:

Only single speed pumps need relays.
Gas heater does not need a relay.
But.. there is no doubt that any light, or group of lights, that you want to independently control needs its own relay. And in theory a transformer as well.

You might want to think about upgrading to an i10PS.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yeah…doing an owner builder. I’ve read up on many things to make decent decisions. Ironically, selecting the I5PS was a pool builder’s recommendation.

My electrician said the main pump salt cell and heater are on the panel.
A,

Not sure I know what the means???

If he has the IntelliFlo3 connected to the Load Side of the Pump /Filter relay that is way wrong and will cause you all kinds of issues. It is fine if it is connected to the Line side of the relay,

The SWCG's power transformer must be connected to the Load side of the pump filter relay, to prevent the cell from blowing up, if the pump is off..

The heater can be powered by a relay, it is just not required.

Good luck on your new pool build,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A,

Not sure I know what the means???

If he has the IntelliFlo3 connected to the Load Side of the Pump /Filter relay that is way wrong and will cause you all kinds of issues. It is fine if it is connected to the Line side of the relay,

The SWCG's power transformer must be connected to the Load side of the pump filter relay, to prevent the cell from blowing up, if the pump is off..

The heater can be powered by a relay, it is just not required.

Good luck on your new pool build,

Jim R.
He’s a pretty experienced pool electrician and likely spoke in overly simple terms to me.. I’ll follow up on the specifics when we go over the work.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.