Intelliflo VSF & iAqualink

Mar 18, 2015
Encino, CA
Has anyone tried to connect Jandy iAqualink with the Pentair Intelliflo VSF (011056) ??
This pump can be set to control either speed (like a VS pump) or flow (like a VF pump) so it is supposed to be the best of both worlds. It can also show you Speed (RPM), Flow (GPM), Pressure (PSI) when it is running. However, when I connect it to my Jandy iAqualink, the pump display is deactivated so I have to rely on my iAqualink interface to show that info.

In iAqualink, I have the option of setting it up as a VS pump or VF pump.
If I set it as VS, then I can control the RPM but it does not show me the flow... only RPM.
If I set it up as a VF pump, it shows me the flow and the RPM but I cannot control the speed. No matter what I do in iAqualink, the pump is stuck at 80 GPM.

I would really love it if I could control the speed of the pump but also see the flow (GPM) so I can determine how long to run the schedule, etc.

Does anyone have experience interfacing this pump with iAqualink? I have the latest version of the RS automation: T.2

Thank you !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180607-100108.jpg
    Screenshot_20180607-100108.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 113
I just got my VSF up and running today and it's the same for me. For now I'm keeping mine in VS mode.

I'm a little curious that you're showing 69 watts at 1750 RPM. I'm showing 370 watts at 1750. Never had a pump that reported wattage before so I don't have any points of reference. Just seems like a really big difference.

I guess that confirms it... The iAqualink controller is not a 100% compatible with the Pentair VSF pump, which is pretty disappointing considering that I spent a lot of money just last week to upgrade to the latest version of iAqualink :(
I am also running it as a VS pump but unfortunately, it does not report flow (GPM).

As far as power consumption, at 1750 RPM, my pump shows ~ 340 watts (image below).
Jandy.jpg

S,

Almost all of the older IntelliFlo pumps are just VS pumps and never reported flow... I can't think of anything where I would "need" to know the actual GPM flow rate for???

I understand you being a little disappointed, but I can't see how it has any impact on the operation of your pool.

What would you use the number for?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Little kludgy, but can you disconnect the aqualink from the pump, read flow and rpms from the pump (for all the different rpm options), and then reconnect and use these flows to determine pump time?
Flow vs RPM should not change unless there is an plumbing or equipment change in your system.
If there are different pump conditions (spa, solar, etc) you would also need to set those appropriately.

I have neither your pump or your controller, so this is just my off the cuff suggestion.

@Jimrahbe Thank you for your response. I don't "need" the flow but I figured if I could read it, I could better adjust the run time schedule to make sure all my water is turned over at least once. I have a 20K gallon pool. Using the GPM, I can figure out at what RPM and for how long I need to run the pool pump to minimize my electric consumption while turning over the entire water. Perhaps I am over complicating it.
The pump offers GPM... it would be nice if Jandy would display the flow.

@randytsuch Thank you for your suggestion. That is exactly what I had in mind: to create a spreadsheet with the RPM Wattage, Flow and go off of that.

S,

Obviously your pool and you can do whatever you want, but the idea the x amount of water has to be run through the filter each day is really a pool store myth. It is just not true. Having the proper chemical balance in your pool water is what keeps the water sanitized and clear.. The filter just removed the debris..

Either way, I agree with Randy's solution.. :D

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.