Intelliflo VSF and iChlor30–can’t adjust more/less output

pjs37

Apr 27, 2024
Claremont, CA
Just moved into a new house where the sellers seemed to outsource all their pool care and that’s not really our style (or budget!) so we’re trying to get a handle on the system. There is, as far as we can figure out (they left no manuals) an iChlor30 connected to an Intelliflo VSP. Is it normal in that case for it to be be impossible to adjust the output on the iChlor using the more/less buttons. The manual says that “When an iChlor is connected to a Pentair control system, the LESS and MORE buttons are disabled and iChlor Sanitizer Output is controlled by the automation system.” Does the Intelliflo count as an “automation system” because of the program/timer functions accessed via the key pad? Just want to make sure something isn’t wrong since we can’t change the iChlor output.

Welcome to the forum!
There is a newer Intelliflo3 that can have a relay board attached where you can use a Pentair app to control the items attached.
OR;

SmartSense Flow Detection​

The SmartSense Flow Detection requires the PC100 Power Center and an Intelliflo VS pump. When the PC100 and the IntelliFlo Pump are connected together with a RS-485 connection the iChlor will only generate chlorine when the pump is running. In this standalone mode no timer or automation is needed to control the iChlor power.

But the SmartSense does not preclude you from adjusting the iChlor output.

I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Welcome to TFP.

Post pics of your pool equipment.

What wires are running from and to the iChlor control box?

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I spent a lot of time on the forums and the Pool Care Basics over the past few days but just couldn’t figure out what was going on. Turns out the button was stuck! The keypads on both the Intelliflo and the iChlor are very stiff/old, so I now know I really have to jam them firmly with my finger. Now to keep reading/learning!