Intelliflo VS stopped running, screen still on?

Parafly9

Mar 24, 2021
Florida
I have an EasyTouch control panel and an Intelliflo VS pump which is just 1 year old. I replaced my older Intelliflo myself and it was a simple swap.

anyway, yesterday my pump just stopped running. The screen is still lit (which says DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE, which indicates it's connected to the easytouch), but the pump is off. I checked all breakers and reset everything.

Ironically, just a few days before that, my iChlor 30 started acting up. It would consistently trip the little push button breaker in the EasyTouch panel and shut off. I go reset it, it runs for a few hours, then shuts off agian. I pulled it apart and it has no build up.

Any idea what I can test or troubleshoot? I"m wondering if there is some sort of power issue comingout of the EasyTouch or if I just got unlucky and had a 1 year old pump and a 2 year old iChlor fail at the same time.

Welcome to TFP.

Disconnect the RS-485 cable from the IntelliFlo pump. You should then get manual control of the display. See if the pump works normally from its display panel.

That tells us if the focus should be on the pump or your ET system.

@Jimrahbe

P,

Instead of disconnecting the RS-485 cable, just put the EasyTouch into the Service mode... This will disconnect the RS-485 control and your pump's display should show a manual control page..

Use the pump's control panel and see if the pump will run manually..

For the pump to run via the RS-485, several things have to happen.. The system must be in AUTO.. Then the pump must have a speed for whatever circuit is being used.. Usually that means you have to be in the Pool mode or the Spa mode.. And the pump has to be scheduled to be on..

If you are missing any of the above, the pump will not run..

I suspect that you have some kind of RS-485 com port issue... I would disconnect everything from the J20 com port including your bad SWCG.. I would only connect the two wire cable from the pump to com port and see what happens..

Any time you unplug or plug any com port line the power should be off to prevent damage to the com port chips.

Try those things and let us know what happens.

Let us know if you have ScreenLogic..

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

Does your ScreenLogic work?? I mean really work.. Can you go out to the panel and turn on your pool light and then come back inside the check that ScreenLogic shows the light on.. Then turn off the Light using ScreenLogic and confirm that the pool light actual shuts off.

This will tell us if the J20 com port is working...

thanks,

Jim R.

P,

Does your ScreenLogic work?? I mean really work.. Can you go out to the panel and turn on your pool light and then come back inside the check that ScreenLogic shows the light on.. Then turn off the Light using ScreenLogic and confirm that the pool light actual shuts off.

This will tell us if the J20 com port is working...

thanks,

Jim R.
OK, I just went out and tested it and it's something strange.

I turn the lights on the panel on and the lights come one, and it's reflected in my Screenlogic app (android).

Same with turning off the lights, from the app, worked just fine. Also could control the air blower, etc.

Interestingly, I could also turn the pump off by turning off the "pool" on screenlogic. But when I tried to turn it back on again, no go. I have to put the screenlogic into service mode, then the menu on the intelliflo VS becomes available, and then I am able to start the pump, and turn service mode off, and it will keep running.

P,

Show me following ScreenLogic pages..

View media item 1962
You need you to make sure the cable is connected to the pump.. (Might want to inspect it to make sure it is not corroded)

And make sure that the little LCD shows Auto and Pool. Make sure you are not in the Service mode and that the pump's display says "Display not Active" The red light above the "F" button should be on if the system is trying to tell the pump to run.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Parafly9
P,

When you turn off the Pool Circuit, or any Circuit that is scheduled, depending on when you do it, it can stay off until the next time it is scheduled to turn on.. It is best, in normal use, to never turn anything that is scheduled on or off manually.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.