IntelliFlo VS pump flow rate drops over the course of the day

mcinlb

Aug 24, 2017
Long Beach, CA
Hi,

I've noticed our IntelliFlo VS pump output seems to drop over the course of the day, even though the RPM doesn't change.

The RPM is currently set to 1800.

I have a spa spillover that goes from a continuous waterfall in the first half of the day to a trickle later in the day at the same RPM.

I've checked the skimmer basket and the pump basket and both are clear.

I'v also checked the Aqualink control panel and the RPM is the same throughout the daily program.

Is there something else I should be checking? Thanks!

M,

Sounds to me like your filter is dirty, but you have a big filter and you are only running at 1800 RPM... :scratch:

When was the last time you cleaned your filter.

What is your filter pressure in the morning and then when the water dries up??

What is your FC and CYA numbers?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the replies.

When was the last time you cleaned your filter. - January 20th.

What is your filter pressure in the morning and then when the water dries up?? 9PSI at 9am @ 1800 RPM, 9PSI at 12:30pm @ 1800RPM (flow still ok). Will update with an afternoon reading.

Pump run times = 9am to 6pm PST

FC - 5
CYA - 70 last time I checked.

SWG was running at 55% turned it down to bring FC down.

M,

Why would you do that? With a CYA of 70 your target FC should be 5 or above.... See this chart.. Trouble Free Pool

Does any other water feature turn on in the afternoon? Like your spa booster pump or cleaner or ?????

I assume that your water is clear and not cloudy or green...

Jim R.

Hi Jim, no other water features turn on in the afternoon and the water is clear.

I've been keeping an eye on this and have noticed that when the flow rate drops, there is no change in system pressure. However, I've got a bunch of air (about 1/2 full of air) in the Spa bypass check valve outlined in yellow. Thoughts? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7799.JPG
    IMG_7799.JPG
    448.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.