Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
TFP fam,

Asking for a friend of mine. They moved into a new property with pool where the schedules and pump/filter system were all working fine until the new pool maintenance guy manually started the pump when chlorinating the pool.

Since then, irrespective of the schedules the pump doesn’t start. The filter pump button on easy touch panel turns on and off per schedules but the pump is not starting unless it’s manually turned on.

We tried resetting the pump settings in Easy touch control panel, cut off and restarted the pump, reset the pump by holding the 4 speed buttons for 4 seconds and restarted the pump. And no luck yet.

PFA the pics for reference:
1. When pump is running.
2. Easy touch panel.
3. When pump is not running.
4. Overall filter system.

Attachments

• 8476D004-8EDE-480F-9E54-9214E7BD8B4F.jpeg
    8476D004-8EDE-480F-9E54-9214E7BD8B4F.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 73F9B1F8-00FB-471E-B0F8-C6989D7AEA53.jpeg
    73F9B1F8-00FB-471E-B0F8-C6989D7AEA53.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 3FA13851-A2D0-4B3A-ACAE-8757E7B1A651.jpeg
    3FA13851-A2D0-4B3A-ACAE-8757E7B1A651.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 9DF783EB-2E9D-4AE5-BC58-A9D56D5AB85B.jpeg
    9DF783EB-2E9D-4AE5-BC58-A9D56D5AB85B.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 10
BB,

For the pump to automatically run several things have to happen.

1. A circuit (usually pool or spa) must be scheduled to run.
2. You must be in AUTO and not in the Service mode.
3. A pump speed must be assigned to the circuit.
4. The pump be connected to the automation with an RS-485 cable. It looks like this cable is just thrown over the plumbing in the background. ???
5. The RS-485 com port must be working. Do you have ScreenLogic or a Remote inside the house? If so does it control anything? Using ScreenLogic or the remote, if you turn on a pool light, does it come on?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BullishBear
@Jimrahbe Awesome, #3 & #4 did the trick! Thank you so much! We were able to now get it schedule and run successfully. We assigned 3450 rpm (the top speed allowed). Will the pump, being Variable Speed, will moderate itself or we need to assign different speeds to the circuit? At present, only one circuit speed is set for Pool.

Last edited:
BB,

Glad you were able to get it going..

I run my pump at 1200 RPM. There is no reason ever to run a VS pump at full RPM.

The pump only runs the speed that you tell it. So, if you scheduled the "Pool" circuit 24/7.. it will now run at 3450 24/7, which makes no sense. You want to run as slow as you can to get the job done.

See my speeds below. You assign speeds based on what you want to do. So skimming might be 1200, waterfall might be 2800, spa might be 3000, etc.

You can't assign two different speeds to the same circuit, so it is best to assign "Pool" the slowest speed you ever want to run. The you can assign additional speeds to Feature Circuit to tell the pump to run at different speeds. If you look at my example above you will see Skim Low and Skim High. These are features circuits being used to change the pump speeds.

If Pool is on by itself, my pump will run about 1200 RPM.
If Pool and Skim Low are both on, the pump will run at the Skim low speed becasue if the pump sees two or more speeds at the same time, it will always run the fastest one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BullishBear
thanks again! The snapshot is very informative. In their case, at lower RPM, the pump isn’t able to get the water moving (probably it’s not primming well and also lots air bubbles noticed on the pump basket indicating air leak). We got the point on how to mix the circuits with different assigned speeds in the schedule to make it run faster during some duration of the pump run schedule.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.