Intelliflo VF is brain dead

There is a direct relations between GPM RPM and Watts for any pump and each triplet is unique. The drive measures watts so when a user sets the GPM level, the drive hunts for the correct RPM for the given GPM input and measure watts.

So, Pentair won't sell repair circuit boards for these Intelliflo pumps? That is really odd, given that they do sell circuit boards for repairing other equipment. Do the other vendors selling pumps operate this way? As it is, having to purchase an entire head unit is nearly the price of a new pump. Considering the price of these pumps, there really should be a meaningful way to service them. As it is, this almost makes them a disposable, yet pricey commodity.

CraigMW said:
So, Pentair won't sell repair circuit boards for these Intelliflo pumps? That is really odd, given that they do sell circuit boards for repairing other equipment. Do the other vendors selling pumps operate this way? As it is, having to purchase an entire head unit is nearly the price of a new pump. Considering the price of these pumps, there really should be a meaningful way to service them. As it is, this almost makes them a disposable, yet pricey commodity.

I didn't get that quoted from Pentair, but a distributor. Mentioned that he couldn't get them individually anymore, but there were still some out there in inventory. I found a few on eBay, but still makes me leary. Excellent motor and pump, but if the electronics can't survive, then it's a poor design.

To buy a drive you have to have the serial # of the pump. A dealer can get them through distribution. Just going through this with a customer. Also you should never open the housing as there is a stored electrical charge in the inverter. You are lucky it didn't discharge.

I'm back up and running. Found a VF drive on eBay for $525.

The field repair didn't work. It kept tripping the breaker even though the visible damage was repaired. Damage must have been down in the inverter. It actually popped the top off the drive unit once. Kinda strange. No moving parts, but the top jumped up.

Capacitors don't hold a charge all that long once they're disconected from voltage. Just ground them out and get on with business.

I wouldn't go touching my tongue to one though...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.