Intelliflo pump stopped working..

jvrobert

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2014
Mesa AZ
My pump seems to be dead. No lights or power of any sort showing up on pump, but my SWG seems to be getting power and panel seems OK.

I do see moisture in the display, not sure if water damage or what. What would be basic troubleshooting steps (I think it's 7.5 years old)..20221113_150122.jpg

jv,

It certainly could be that your control head has some water damage, but the very first thing to check is to make sure the pump is getting 240 Volts AC right where it comes into the pump. The pump should be getting constant AC power, so even if the LCD is damaged, you should see some lights.

Use a Voltmeter and test between the two hot wires coming into the pump (L1 and L2). Do not test L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as this can give you a false reading.

Tell us what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

jv,

It certainly could be that your control head has some water damage, but the very first thing to check is to make sure the pump is getting 240 Volts AC right where it comes into the pump. The pump should be getting constant AC power, so even if the LCD is damaged, you should see some lights.

Use a Voltmeter and test between the two hot wires coming into the pump (L1 and L2). Do not test L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as this can give you a false reading.

Tell us what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim - thanks for your help. I checked with multimeter and L1-L2 is 247VAC so seems like it's getting power. I guess there's no fuse on the thing so can't be something that simple. Would I be better off calling someone for a repair (control head maybe?) or is there any self-diagnosis I can do?

I see some keypad cover kits out there, but would the cover electronics being busted stop the pump from working at all (I have it hooked up to an easytouch)?

Edit: Looks like 357527Z would be my cover part, about $300 it looks like but not sure it would fix my problem. My pump is an 011018.

jv,

If you have AC power going in and nothing on the front panel, then obviously the pump is bad. I was hoping you were just missing one of the two AC phases going into the pump.

It could be just the keypad assy or the whole control head.

The control head you have is an obsolete one.

How old it the pump? My guess is 8 to 10 years old, so then does it make sense to spend the money on a repair?

With the idea that you might have to replace the pump anyway, it can't hurt to remove the keypad and control head and see what you can find.

Seems like we have a couple of old treads about IntelliFlo keypad repair..... I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

jv,

If you have AC power going in and nothing on the front panel, then obviously the pump is bad. I was hoping you were just missing one of the two AC phases going into the pump.

It could be just the keypad assy or the whole control head.

The control head you have is an obsolete one.

How old it the pump? My guess is 8 to 10 years old, so then does it make sense to spend the money on a repair?

With the idea that you might have to replace the pump anyway, it can't hurt to remove the keypad and control head and see what you can find.

Seems like we have a couple of old treads about IntelliFlo keypad repair..... I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Good point.. I guess I don't have anything to lose by taking keypad off and seeing if I can see anything obvious. I'll do that and take a look, if you happen to know of repair threads would appreciate links, I'll also poke around for them.

Thanks,
Jason

Edit: Looks like 357527Z would be my cover part, about $300 it looks like but not sure it would fix my problem. My pump is an 011018.

See the following thread regarding that keypad with your pump w/ a video for disassembling.

See the following thread regarding that keypad with your pump w/ a video for disassembling.

Will do thanks. I think I see the problem, lol.. water definitely worked its way in. Gonna let it air out and see if it helps out but I'm sure something shorted.

20221120_125637.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.