Intelliflo pump not turning on

droma21

Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
Our Pentair intelliflo pump has stopped working for a few days. We had a power outage and it hasnt been working since. I replaced the breaker to the pump and its still not turning on. I hear my actuators turn on but nothing from the pump. What should I be looking for? I've read that it could be the drive or the display - very common problem. How do I know which it is?

I assume your IntelliFlo is being controlled by an EasyTouch automation system.. Is that true???

Tell me if the pump's display says "Display Not Active", which it should..

You have to be in the Pool mode or Spa mode, and you need to be in AUTO.. You can't be in the Service mode..

Tell me if the light over the "F" button is on, when you are expecting the pump to run.

Do you have ScreenLogic? Or do you have Pentair remotes??

Thanks,

Jim R.

It’s an Intelliflo XF with Screenlogic. Yes it’s run by EasyTouch automation and No, it’s not displaying “Display Not Active”. When I turn it on from the breaker, everything comes on and says something about an Alarm then the screen goes blank. Yes I usually keep it in auto as I’m trying to run my equipment. Yes, the light of the F is turned on but nothing turns on.

If the pump's display does not say "Display not active" then the EasyTouch is not controlling the pump..

It could that the system is in the Service mode.. which disconnects the EasyTouch from the pump, so that the pump cannot start on its own..

In general, either the alarm is about a power issue, or the control panel may have failed..

The first thing to do is use a voltmeter and measure between the L1 and L2 inputs to the pump and ensure you have 240 volts.. Do not measure L1 to ground and L2 to ground and add the results together, as this can often give you a false reading.

Another thing you can try is to put the EasyTouch into the Service mode and see if you get the standard stand-alone screen that allows you to manually run the pump.

I think as long as you see the alert, the pump will not run until it is reset.

Thanks,

Jim R.

dsc-0010.jpg

dsc-0013.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The wiring was not done by a good electrician.

The pump should be powered directly from the breaker and not from the relay.

You can connect the pump to the line side of the relay.

The SWG should be powered from the load side of the filter pump relay.

Are you sure that you're using the meter correctly to measure voltage?

Are you running the power to your IntelliFlo through your pump/filter relay??? The IntelliFlo should get constant AC power, no relay involved..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.