Intelliflo bonding lug?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I have a couple IntelliFlo pumps which have a odd bonding lug as compared to the Whisper fixed speed pumps. The lugs have a longer arm since they connect to the pump screw under the rear cover. Of course, both of them have broken off. Does anyone know where I can get replacements? The standard U17-568 is not long enough to get under cover to screw. Pentair parts site does not even list the lug on parts diagrams. Pool supply web site only list the short one that fits other pumps with exposed screw terminal. Hoping someone else has found replacements? Thanks!

I finally got to the bottom of this... Pentair did not have any info... sent me to motor manufacturer... they could not find part info for me. I finally found something that looked similar and ordered some... turns out it is 100% match. Seems to me these lugs rust out after a few years... so if you need to replace bonding lug on Intelli pumps where the lug has to be longer to reach attachment screw under back motor housing, and don't want to waste time rigging something up, you want to use Panduit CO35-36SL-QY. Multiple sources online.

My bonding wire, (I asume that is what it is), broke so the the wire does not reach the motor lug. Is their a way for me to connect this wire with a copper wire I could use as an extension and still work?

You use a copper split bolt to connect bonding wires together. Connect the other end of the #8 copper wire to your pump bonding lug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.