Intelliflo alternative for Sheer Descents

pskkd930

In The Industry
Jan 19, 2022
Atlanta
I think I may have found an Intelliflo VSF pump from Leslie Pools. I ordered two yesterday and one was cancelled this morning, but I'm told the other will still ship. We'll see.

If this does come through I'll have what I need to get the pool up and running, but I'll be one short for my Sheer Descents. Plan was to have 2 Intelliflo VS pumps so I could essentially have a backup and I'm a fan of having similar equipment for parts. Now I need to decide if we just wait until the backorders are filled to get the second pump or go with something else like a Superflo VS for the Sheer Descents. Anyone have any advice? Would an Intelliflo i1 or i2 make sense for this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The Superflo VS pump is 1.1 THP while the IntelliFlo VSF is 3 HP.

The IntelliFlo i1 and i2 pumps seem to be designed for plumbing the opposite of the IntelliFlo VSF with Pentair saying:

For pools in areas that restrict replacement pump flow rates, the IntelliFlo i1 Variable Speed Pool Pump for inground pools may be the ideal choice. Its hydraulic design reduces flow rates while providing the significant energy savings you’d expect from a Pentair variable speed pump. With a maximum rating of seven amps, this makes retrofits easier in applications that are limited by existing wire gauge size.

IntelliFlo i2 Variable Speed Pool pump is hydraulically engineered to provide maximum performance on a 15-amp breaker. It has a maximum rating of 11.8 amps, which makes retrofits easier in applications that are limited by existing wire gauge size.

So I don't think one of these pumps can be a substitute for the other. They are each designed for a different set of operating conditions.

If you want two identical pumsp that can be backups for each other then wait to get another IntelliFlo VSF.

If you are going to get a different pump for your waterfall I would look to get a low head high flow water feature pump...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.