Intelliflo 2 VST

Rocket11

Sep 8, 2020
Brea
My pump shows over current error. I have rest to factory setting. still get error f90066 and
f90059 . Checked voltage and all electrical connections. No leaks, impeller and motor turns freely. Called Pentair, they said I would have to change the drive unit. Do I really have to change the drive unit?

Thanks

Ali,

With the pump installed, even if you are missing either L1 or L2, you will still get a reading of 120 between L1 and gnd and L2 to gnd.. When the pump is installed, you MUST measure L1 to L2 and read 240 volts.. I'd try that.. If you get 240 volts, then at least you have eliminated the input power as the problem.

If you have 240 volts into the pump and you can easily manually turn the motor, then your only choice is a new controller or a whole new pump/motor...

Thanks,

Jim R.

My pump shows over current error. I have rest to factory setting. still get error f90066 and
f90059 . Checked voltage and all electrical connections. No leaks, impeller and motor turns freely. Called Pentair, they said I would have to change the drive unit. Do I really have to change the drive unit?

Thanks
Ali,

With the pump installed, even if you are missing either L1 or L2, you will still get a reading of 120 between L1 and gnd and L2 to gnd.. When the pump is installed, you MUST measure L1 to L2 and read 240 volts.. I'd try that.. If you get 240 volts, then at least you have eliminated the input power as the problem.

If you have 240 volts into the pump and you can easily manually turn the motor, then your only choice is a new controller or a whole new pump/motor...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, I am away from my location. Will check and let you know. I was wondering if the motor could be wired with suitable capacitor to make it simple motor without the electronic drive. I saw a YouTube link where someone dug into the electronics and determined the frequency modulator was bad. Apparently the modulator is bonded to the metal housing with conductive epoxy. If the thermal bonding is lost the modulator heats up and fails. I hate to spend another $1200 on something that last only 3 yrs. My old pump still worked after 35 yrs.

Thanks again
Ali

Ali -- you live in California. Regardless, you can only purchase a VS pump or a dual speed pump with electronic control. Title 20, California Law.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.