Intellichlor Low Flow Alert

BMeeley

Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2017
Woodbridge, VA
Any thoughts on why I might be getting a low flow alert on my Intellichlor SWG? My flow meter says 50 gpm. I know it’s not the most accurate, but useful for baseline, relative readings. The issue has only cropped up in the past week. Salt levels are fine at 3200 ppm. Here are recent levels. Acid already added to drop pH. My next thought is pull the unions to check for debris, obstructions. Backwashed filter yesterday. Thoughts or similar experiences?

Attachments

• 754DFC6B-C590-4393-9C74-E860B2A884D0.png
    754DFC6B-C590-4393-9C74-E860B2A884D0.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 9
You getting the low flow alert on your IntelliTouch?

How long does the alert last for? What clears it?

The low flow is from the flow switch on the IC60 cell. If the cell is powered and the switch is open then the IntelliChor says LOW FLOW. Either your pump turned off or the flow switch failed open. Flow switches are a common failure point of the Intellichlor.

B,

I assume this is not an intermittent issue..

Either you have low flow or you don't.. And your flow meter indicates you have plenty of flow..

That should mean the flow switch or the cell is bad.

It only makes sense to try a new flow switch.. Obviously, if under warranty have Pentair come out and fix it. If not, then it is an easy DIY fix.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BMeeley
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.