Intellichlor IC40 milky output

khobar

Jan 27, 2017
Mesa
I noticed since we installed a VSP (two years ago), our Intellichor IC40 output has been kinda milky looking. I hadn't thought much about it while the water was clear figuring it was because of running the pump at lower rpm (e.g. 1400) making it visible.

But a few weeks ago, the flow sensor went out and the water became a bit murky. I've since replaced the sensor, but the water quality hasn't improved (I'm working on that). I noticed that sometimes there is what looks like sea foam floating on the water surface, and it is from the chlorine generator.

Any idea what's going on?

The SWG creates chlorine and hydrogen as part of the chemical generation process. Sometimes you can see a cloud around a return when the cell is generating.

Or the cell may be throwing off some calcium scale. Which it may do when it does its polarity change for cleaning every 3 hours.

K,

The output of my IC40 always has a lot of small bubbles and looks "Cloudy" or "Milky"... this has nothing to do with your pool being cloudy..

I suspect that when your flow sensor went out, the SWCG quit producing chlorine, and you now have an Algae bloom.

If this were my pool, I would do a quick SLAM and see if that did not solve my problem.. SLAM Process

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hello!

The first thing I tried was Algae Guard.

I then tried superchlorinating the pool using HDX 10% sodium hyperchlorite:

I have yet to do the SLAM but I have to get a special kit for that.

My pool pH was 7.2, and test kit chlorine "Ideal" but there was no free chlorine.

My water is still murky with a green tint. When slamming, any idea how many gallons of chlorine I might need on hand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.