Intellichlor IC40 Flow Light Red after New Pump Installation

MWM400

Jun 1, 2018
Jacksonville
I've done a lot of searching on what causes the red flow flight on the Intellichlor unit and what to do about it. However, the timing of the light coming on is what has me curious.

I had a new pump installed last week. The flow light has been working just fine and I even checked everything the day before. When I got home the day of the installation, the red flow light was on and the salt lights were going back and forth. The light has been on since. Also, there's a brand new filter as well, so that's not it.

I called the place that did the install today and they said it has nothing to do with their pump installation and asked if I wanted to setup a service call to have them look at the Intellichlor unit. I guess it's possible it's just a strange coincidence it happened the exact time they did the work, but it seems unlikely to me.

Could the installation of a new pump do something to cause the red flow to come on?

It's a Pentair Whisperflo 2hp, not variable speed. It's basically a newer model of the same one we had there already. I don't know the filter pressure. I've been in this house less than 2 years and am still new to owning a pool, so I'm not as well-versed as I'd like to be yet.

I don't mind paying to have someone come service my pool when needed. I just wanted to know if some part of installing a new pump could cause the problem. Just seems like a strange coincidence it happened at the same time.

I did take off my intellichlor unit and cleaned it last year once, but the pvc pipe on both sides of the fitting have absolutely no give at all and it was a serious pain trying to get it back on with the gaskets in place, so I'm hesitant to look at it myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.