Intellichlor and Easy Touch 8 Wiring

Valentje

May 22, 2019
Atlanta
Hi all,

Had an issue with my IC40 not showing salt levels on my Easy Touch. Found out through this forum that I have a bad temp sensor that isn't communicating with the easy touch. I'm still generating salt, so no major issues there as I test the salt levels with reagents monthly. While reading posts on the forum searching for an answer, I noticed several strings that said the lights on the IC40 should be off when the pump is off. Mine have always stayed on since I've purchased the house (2 years ago).

Digging into my wiring, I believe what I need to do is move the wiring from the line side to the load side. Also would appear that on my current set up, I need to move the wiring to be on the main pump relay, as it currently sits on Aux 1 (cleaner).

I took a picture and drew a rudimentary wiring diagram after I traced all the wires. Before I move the wires for IC40, I wanted to double check that I'm not going to mess anything else up as my set up has a small secondary box in between the Aux 1 and the transformer connecting.

I'm running a single speed Century pump for my filter, and a smaller Century pump for my Kreepy Krawly cleaner.

IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_3396.jpg

Val,

You are correct...

The filter that feeds the SWCG's transformer needs to be wired to load side of the Pump/Filter relay.. Basically, the transformer should only get power when the main pump is getting power.

Thanks,

Jim R.

V,

The problem that causes the zero salt reported on the EasyTouch is often fixed by replacing the Flow Switch Assembly.. On the other hand it does not always fix the problem.. It sometimes is a bad SWCG power supply card, or a bad main board. I think it is worth the $100 bucks it costs to try, but I would not bet the farm on it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.