Intellichem recommends no higher than 35 CYA or it voids warranty??

Never had a reason to try it but the CYA test is all about ratios of reagent to pool water. It is designed for 1:1. Dilution test takes 2 parts water to 1 part reagent. Should work the opposite way. When I have my pool open I may give it a try.

The spilled acid is not good. That should not happen. The installer should warranty and repair everything damaged at their expense.

The Intellichem sounds good, but you would have been cautioned away from it by this forum if you had come here before installation. Just not practical for an outdoor pool we believe. There are cheaper, simpler ways to automate acid dispensing, if needed.

And with your fill water test results, you will need very little acid after the initial curing of your plaster. You are getting that nice, benign, Sierra Nevada water. Low TA and CH. I would suggest telling the pool builder to remove the intellichem entirely and get a refund.
Update: I contacted the PB and they are going to remove the Intellichem system and refund the amount paid for it. I’m optimistic that they will follow through, but time will tell.
Thanks again for your advice and I feel better about it just checking and maintaining the chemicals manually.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.