Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
An observation to try and crowdsource experiences and pinpoint where the IC bug is.

My house occasionally has the electric power blip off and on. It is an immediate power drop and right back on. I am right between two or more grid feeds and when the utility switches feeds or a storm hits one feed I get the power blip on the grid switchover. I have UPS batteries on equipment I don't want to reboot during the power drop.

When the power blips the IC wireless link freezes and to get it back I need to power the IC down, wait a minute, and power it up.

I had the Engenus WiFi bridge that Pentair was shipping with the early IC. And the thought was the Engenus box was the problem to losing the wireless link. So I replaced the Engenus Wifi link with the 900MHZ wireless link.

The 900MHZ link freezes the same with a quick power blip. And I have tried disconnecting both sides of the 900MZ link to power it down and reset them. That does not bring the link back operational.

It takes a power down of the IC and a reboot and then wireless is restored.

I now believe IC is not fully rebooting after the quick power blip and its embedded wireless server crashes while the rest of the system operates after the power blip.

I am now thinking about how I can force a reboot of the IC without the wireless link or put the IC power on a UPS battery.

Anyone else seeing this behavior after a power blip?

Guess no one else with IntelliCenter gets power blips.

Maybe @MyAZPool has some input.
He's down the road from me and we don't usually have power issues, but he may have heard of others.
I've got nothing. Like you said, we rarely have any type of power issues. Also, I don't run a wireless link. I haven't heard of others having this issue.
Sorry...
r.

I got 'blipped' this morning. And I am using TPLINK CPE210 for connectivity. Currently my system is functioning, ie. pump running and cell producing, but can't access the panel via web or app. I have been waiting to reboot the panel as I had been out of town for the last several weeks and it happened over that time frame but somehow came back online. Hasn't righted itself yet this time around...

It would be really nice to have the panel be fully accessible after a 'blip'.

I don’t have any power blips here in Las Vegas, at least so far. I still use the Engenius wifi link. It’s connected to my Ubiquity UniFi home network. Which is pretty solid.

I got 'blipped' this morning. And I am using TPLINK CPE210 for connectivity. Currently my system is functioning, ie. pump running and cell producing, but can't access the panel via web or app. I have been waiting to reboot the panel as I had been out of town for the last several weeks and it happened over that time frame but somehow came back online. Hasn't righted itself yet this time around...

It would be really nice to have the panel be fully accessible after a 'blip'.

Thank you for another data point with a different wireless link system confirming that it is not the wireless link that is at fault.

@MyAZPool what is the best way to report this problem to the IC folks?

Thank you for another data point with a different wireless link system confirming that it is not the wireless link that is at fault.

@MyAZPool what is the best way to report this problem to the IC folks?
Allen,
The first step is to get the issue "into the system". Call Tech Support. Make sure you get a Tech Support trouble ticket number!
From there, lets see what they say, etc.
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.