Intellicenter w/ AquaCal Heat Pump/Chiller

Sati

In The Industry
Apr 4, 2020
Houston, Texas
I was wondering if anyone has any experience connecting an Aquacal SQ166r (Heat Pump/Chiller) to an Intellicenter Panel.

The AquaCal instructions are not specifically for Intellicenter. They are written for Easy Touch or Intelli Touch and I am assuming they apply to the Intellicenter as well. AquaCal instructions say to connect from the Port ‘B’ on the Aqual Cal to the Com Port on the Pentair Controller. They also require that a solar temp sensor be installed.

Has anyone successfully connecting these two pieces of equipment?

Heater control in the IntelliCenter is the same as the EasyTouch and IntelliTouch. They are described here...

The IntelliCenter needs a 10K temperature sensor or a 10K resistor connected to the Solar Sensor. It is not used but it needs to be connected.

I spoke to Pentair Tech Support and they told me external equipment cannot talk to Pentair Equipment on the Com Port which contradicts Aquacals Instruction Manual. Anyone else have any luck with this setup?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.