Riverside, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
A little help here. I already have one relay for yard lights which is the blue wire on the right. I'd like to add another to control the front yard landscape lights in a separate circuit/feature. I think all the relays are digitally controlled on the panel and I don't need anything but am probably wrong.

What do you know about these control centers? I'm wrong, right?
IMG_3574.jpegIMG_3574.jpeg

The number 1 relay (un-used with a VSP) can be plugged into any available relay socket and used for that purpose. To avoid confusion, it can be moved to one of the mounting areas below the existing relays.

You appear to have one free relay (though from what I thought I knew, the first relay is pump and 2-5 are aux but yours appears to be setup different)
Assuming relay 1 is an aux, you would just need to either install a breaker to feed line 1 then run yiu new load from load 1 or jumper from one of the other Line 1 positions to line 1 of relay 1.
What are your other two relays feeding (assuming pool/spa/landscape?)

The number 1 relay (un-used with a VSP) can be plugged into any available relay socket and used for that purpose. To avoid confusion, it can be moved to one of the mounting areas below the existing relays.
So is the number one relay the one on the left with nothing attached at all right now?

You appear to have one free relay (though from what I thought I knew, the first relay is pump and 2-5 are aux but yours appears to be setup different)
Assuming relay 1 is an aux, you would just need to either install a breaker to feed line 1 then run yiu new load from load 1 or jumper from one of the other Line 1 positions to line 1 of relay 1.
What are your other two relays feeding (assuming pool/spa/landscape?)
I have a main VSP, a booster VSP for the spa and a heater. and the one on the right with the blue is my backyard landscape lighting right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Shouldn't the #1 relay be used for the ic40?
Number 1 relay is ALWAYS designated as the filter pump. On some systems, even with a VSP, the relay will activate and could be used for another load, like a SWG. Not sure about the Intellicenter and the iC40 interface. That means that the socket the relay is plugged into will always be for the filter pump. The relay itself is no different from any of the others. Just plug it in to a different auxiliary socket.

The pool heater does not need a relay, they are usually wired direct from a breaker. A bigger, more inclusive picture would help a lot.

Looks like the two light transformers are independently controlled on relay 3 and 4. Relay 3,4 and 5 are all fed off of the gfci convenience outlet , load side.
Heater and swg are fed via 240 on relay 2 via pool pump breaker. Both vsp pumps appear to get constant power so controlled via rs485.
15 amp circuit can handle 1800 watts so assuming 4 x 300 watt transformers you'll be fine to jumper from line 1 relay 5 to line 1 relay 1. You'll want to open the top low voltage compartment to confirm relay 2 is plugged into the pump port and confirm what aux relay 1 is plugged into

BTW, I should say don't look at the LV wiring. It was a lot cleaner but I'm in process of getting rid of the "High Power Link" Pentair provided and pulling eithernet into my office and connecting it directly to my 8 port gig switch in hopes of reducing lag and the general crappy experience with the app.

Looks like the two light transformers are independently controlled on relay 3 and 4. Relay 3,4 and 5 are all fed off of the gfci convenience outlet , load side.
Heater and swg are fed via 240 on relay 2 via pool pump breaker. Both vsp pumps appear to get constant power so controlled via rs485.
15 amp circuit can handle 1800 watts so assuming 4 x 300 watt transformers you'll be fine to jumper from line 1 relay 5 to line 1 relay 1. You'll want to open the top low voltage compartment to confirm relay 2 is plugged into the pump port and confirm what aux relay 1 is plugged into
While I confirm things, My LED lights don't even pull that much. Each transformer is 120 watts and I'm only using two. One in front and one in the back.

While I confirm things, My LED lights don't even pull that much. Each transformer is 120 watts and I'm only using two. One in front and one in the back.
Then you should be fine, I can't tell the wattage of the 2 pool light transformers but k ow they are no bigger than 300 watts so 2x 300 and 2x 120 plus the convenience outlet is well within the 1800 watt allowance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.