Greenville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Recently had my IntelliCenter installed and they set it up for the pump to run 24/7 with a higher speed during the day. I have been running my swg 24/7 and relearning how to keep it dialed in because of the swings in FC at night. However I have found it easier to just run in at a higher % during the day and have the swg off at night. It is more predictable. I would like for my pump to stay running 24/7 though and then run the swg at 40% for 10 hours during the day. Is there a way to program that then have the percentage go to 0% at night?

However I have found it easier to just run in at a higher % during the day and have the swg off at night. It is more predictable.

How is that more predictable?

I would like for my pump to stay running 24/7 though and then run the swg at 40% for 10 hours during the day.

Running your SWG at about 18% for 24 hours will give you the same FC as 40% for 10 hours.

Is there a way to program that then have the percentage go to 0% at night?

If you have an unused AUX relay you can wire your SWG through it and then schedule when it will be on.

How is that more predictable?

Running your SWG at about 18% for 24 hours will give you the same FC as 40% for 10 hours.

If you have an unused AUX relay you can wire your SWG through it and then schedule when it will be on.
I liked that running it at a higher % during the day it could hold your FC where as running it 24 hours you have to over shoot your target at night because of the higher loss during the day. So I would need to rewire to do this? Was hoping it was something i could change in the app since I can control the FC output from there.

The objective is not to hold a FC level. FC will vary. It is better to run hot over your FC target and not come close to the minimum FC for your CYA.

I think you are making more work then necessary

If you want to control the SWG then you need to rewire.

OTC,

Your SWCG gets its power from the Pump/Filter relay.. This relay only closes when in the pool mode or the spa mode.

If you run a Feature Circuit and don't schedule either the pool or the spa, the pump will run at whatever speed you set up for the Feature Circuit and the SWCG will not come on..

Pretty simple to do.. Example..

Pool from 8 am until 8 pm
Feature #1 (Call it anything you want.. Like "No-SWCG". From 8 pm until 8am

That said, I run 24/7 with a SWCG and just don't understand your concern.. I suspect you are trying to keep your chlorine near the min, where I keep my FC at or above my Target...

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you run a Feature Circuit and don't schedule either the pool or the spa, the pump will run at whatever speed you set up for the Feature Circuit and the SWCG will not come on..

Note that when you run that way I don't think your heater will run.

And I am not sure the water temperature sensor will be accurate.