DFW - Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Trying to work my way through putting together what is needed for an Intellicenter a-la-carte install. I have acquired an i10ps (521914) from a forum member and will be getting the WifiLink kit (522475Z). I’m unsure whether to get the PowerCenter (522044) or LoadCenter (522043). My current equipment is fed by circuits directly from main household panel.
  • 10gauge red/black pair
  • 12gauge black/white/green
Below is what I have at the pad.
  1. What considerations should I be evaluating as to whether to use Power vs Load Center?
  2. Should I be concerned about having only one 30amp breaker serve all the current needs in red below? The water feature pump was added Spring 17 with a remodel. The remodel moved the equipment pad and new electric was ran but seems it was built as it was before. All the other equipment has been in place and running for years and years. Everything fires up and runs with no observable issue’s pre-remodel and post. Have never had any electrical issues.
  3. The main household panel is an old Zinsco. It does have an open 50amp breaker that could be used to feed a LoadCenter. However, the current 10gauge wire would be insufficient right?
Current power needs at the pad:
  • 1 - 230v/10a 2hp Jandy Pro Series Stealth ~ main pump
  • 1 - 208-230v/7.8-8a 1.5hp Pentair Whisperflow ~ water feature pump
  • 1 - 230v/6a .75hp Polaris ~ booster pump
  • 1 - 120v Stenner for bleach
  • 2 - Pentair LED Intellibrite
  • 1 - Rheem 336A Natural Gas heater (only powered when main pump is running)
  • 1 - 240v/5.6a 2hp Polaris blower
** 30amp non-GFI breaker
** 20amp breaker tied thru GFI convenience outlet

Future power needs at the pad:
  • 1 - 230v/16a 3hp Pentair Intelliflo to replace Jandy pump above
  • 1 - LED Pad light
  • 1 - LED Landscape lighting transformer

Do you want to do your wiring to current NEC electrical code?

Code requires a dedicated 20A GFCI CB for each pump. You need the Load Center for the CBs to meet code.

10 gauge wire can support 30 Amps, not more.

Code requires that breakers not be loaded to more then 80% of capacity. So a 30A breaker should not have more then 24Amps of load. I think with everything you have listed turned on you will be above that.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.