Intellicenter Personality Kit VS upgrade kit

Dalack

In The Industry
May 24, 2024
Massachusetts
I'm looking to upgrade an EOS3 to Intellicenter.
My sales rep says I need the following since I have a duel pump pool/spa setup.

#522044 Power Center
#521915 I10D Personality Kit
#523557 900 MHZ wifi Antenna

From my research the Pentair i10d upgrade kit has the same boards as the personality kit plus the transformer minus the relays which can be had for about $50 each.

That being said I can buy the upgrade kit for half the price of the full kit and get the wifi included for free.

Am I missing something here or do I need the full kit on a new install?

Thanks for your help
David

David,

Just to be clear.. You have separate equipment for the pool, and separate equipment for your spa.. The spa does not spillover into your pool... Is that correct??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
David,

What is an EOS3?

The Power Center 522044 has no load center for your breakers.. I'd get the 522043, which is just a few bucks more.

Sounds like an i10D Dual Equipment upgrade kit and a new load center is all you would need.. Plus the relays..

Do you plan on adding a SWCG??

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is a picture of the old eos 3
There is a circuit breaker panel to the left of it where all equipment is is run to first so I don't need the version with breakers?
The pool has two Pentair salt cells run by two power centers. 70k gallon pool
I've been told I can wire these into the Intellicenter so I can monitor salt levels.
The pool and spa are separate with two different pumps and filters.

I also think I can get away with a power center without a salt cell transformer since they are already powered separately.

It's a sixteen year old pool I just took over for cleaning and maintenance.
I'm thinking it's going to take some time to transfer all these wires into a new power center.
I plan on labeling all wires to make sure I can get everything back up and running smoothly.

This is the upgrade kit I was looking at which seems to have the boards, tranformer and wifi card.

Pentair 523049​

It seems this kit has everything except the relays.
Do I need temperature sensors as well to complete this kit?

Thanks for all your help

Best
David

Screenshot_20240523_161605_Gallery.jpg

David,

I think it is a mistake not to get the load center as it is less than $100.. but, it is your money..

The IntelliCenter itself, cannot control two SWCGs..

There is a thread here about that issue and how to solve it.

Yes, you will need two temp probes.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'll upgrade to the load center as you advise.
The pool has two of these setups but (IC40s) .
Pentair tech support says I can connect Intellicenter to one of these so I can get a salt ppm reading. The other one would run rogue.

Is there anything else you can think of besides relays and a few temp probes?
Would automation cables

(Pentair 25' Automation Cable Wiring Kit | 356324Z)​

between the multi speed pumps and Intellicenter make it so I can adjust the speed through the app or just give rpm readings?
I think the pumps(pentair vs-3050's)
are as old as the system. About 16 years old

Thanks for all your support
Best
David

There is a thread here about that issue and how to solve it.