Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

I have a Intellicenter that recently that had main board go bad. No communication at all, had replaced, everything worked except displaying pump information, it would run the program just not displaying the speeds/.wattage, had board replaced, same thing still happening. Any thoughts? See screen shot70796209447__D1F5D831-7005-43AE-8117-198729C821DD.jpeg

Dog,

The pump should not run unless there is communications...

Are you saying that the pump will run a schedule, and change speeds, like it should, but the only issue is that the IntelliCenter does not show RPM and Watts?

I can't see how that could happen.. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

That’s exactly what is happening. The pump is adhering to schedule(at least I think it is) as I do hear pump change speeds. Additionally, the pump is even showing “Display not active” like it should when hooked to Intellicenter. My local warranty shop is clueless. Could it be the pump is not sending back the appropriate speeds/wattage for the Intellicenter to display?

What model IntelliFlo pump are we discussing?

Dog,

Put your system into the Service mode and use the pump's display to find the F/W version that is loaded into your pump.

If it is 3.03 or 3.04, then a Pentair tech will need to come re-flash your F/W.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have had several issues with my Intellicenter/Intelliflo comms.

First issues was that the comm port on the main PCB stopped "working". This happened to me concurrent with switching out of Service Mode right after I had upgraded to the ill-fated 2.006 (?) Intellicenter firmware. Going back to the older version of the firmware didn't help. However, I moved the comm connector for the pump off the main board and attached to the surge board. This fixed the issue, and comms restored. Another TFP user reported same issue, with same fix.

Shortly thereafter my IC40 died. It was still under warranty so Pentair sent a service company out to replace it. There were friendly and reasonably competent, so I asked them about the Intelliflo comm issue (my Intellicenter is out of warranty). They messed around a bit with no luck restoring the main PCB comm connection. One thing they did was swap the comm wires on my two Intelliflos.

A couple weeks later both pumps stopped responding, completely. A couple weeks later one started showing Display Not Active and intermittently ran schedules. The other still had no comm connection. In order to control the pump manually, I disconnected the comm connection on the Display Not Active pump and left it hanging. A week later I reconnected it and all comms restored. But not the other pump. So I pulled the comm wire from it. I noticed it wasn't "locked" on by twisting - I could pull it straight out. I looked at the connector and saw water inside. I dried it out and, voila, that pump reconnected.

My theory is that the service techs, when they were switching wires, didn't lock the connectors on the pumps. We'd had a fair bit of regular rain so I think the water seeped into the comm connectors and was screwing up the RS485 signal. (The connectors have a o-ring that doesn't compress until the cable is "locked"). Note I have the supposedly bad 3.03 pump firmware but haven't seen any issues previously.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.