IntelliCenter LITE Installation

CjphoenixPro

Sep 2, 2023
Phoenix
Has anyone installed a small power center for a couple breakers in their intellicenter lite? We are installing a pergola near the pool and would need room for possibly two breakers. I would just like to utilize the box existing instead of adding more “junk”

Last edited by a moderator:
Cj,

My first thought is why anyone would install an lite version of the IntelliCenter... :scratch:

Its main downside is the lack of a load center for all your system breakers.

That said, it seems that it should not be a problem to just take the guts out of an external load center and install them in the lite IntelliCenter's cabinet.

Thanks,

Jim R.

@CjphoenixPro The IC Lite was not built to handle breakers. The form factor is different than the full size ET and IC with proper load centers.
Even if you jammed a buss bar in there, you won't find a dead front with proper knockouts. You'd be truly hacksmithing the box.

While I understand the asthetic, you're going to be better off with a sub panel. If you really only need 2 breakers, you can grab an intermatic timer and run them on a schedule. This wouldn't add much bulk.

Intermatic T21004R 60-Amps Pool/Spa Control Panel T104M DPST

However your next post then mentioned you wanted 6 or 8 breakers. At that point, you'll want a regular NEMA3 sub panel.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
@bradgray

Thanks for the course correction... I have never seen a lite IntelliCenter and just "Assumed" that it was the same size as the ET lite..

Thanks again,

Jim R.
It's a bit silly because though they are smaller, they still feature a lot of empty space.

The ET Lite and IC Lite use the same cabinet. It's the same width and depth as the full ET/IC, but is 6" shorter in length.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.