Intellicenter Indoor Control Panel DoA?

The 4 button spa side remote should not affect the RS-485 lines.

Do you have the IntelliChlor integrated in the IntelliCenter?

You can continue to disconnect things on the board and strip it down to the way it was out of the box and see if the ICP can get power. That will rule out any connection effecting it.

The ICP has its own processor and firmware and with just power it will light up and display icons.

I think you are at the point where you need to call Pentair support and make a warranty claim.

I don’t know of any switch or fuse that controls the RS-485 power lines.

Most of the devices people are connecting to their IntelliCenter don’t use the RS-485 power and they would not even know if it was dead.
Thanks Allen, I will follow that course -- disconnect everything and test, and warranty claim if not. I suppose the warranty claim is probably on the Intellicenter, not the ICP, given the lack of power.

I am wondering about the source for power to the RS-485. There must be a transformer somewhere. I suspect more than one given the different voltage CBs (18v, 24v). I'll try to trace back to that and see if it is outputting power.

One transformer converts the 120V to low voltage to power all the electronics.

The circuits change the DC voltage as required on the board.

Disconnected everything. Still no power at red and black posts for either COM. Board has power, LEDs are on.
As shown in this pic, I should see voltage here, right?

1693584867323.png

Disconnected everything. Still no power at red and black posts for either COM. Board has power, LEDs are on.
As shown in this pic, I should see voltage here, right?

Yup, the stenciling under the COMM Port even tells you that you should have 14V DC.

As I recall yours was an upgrade install correct? With the upgrade a new transformer is installed, Have you checked and confirmed voltage at the low voltage circuit breakers?

Yes, it's an upgrade install. I've not checked current at the low voltage CBs. Across what should I check. What ground? Thanks.
EDIT: The stripped wires coming from the breaker panel (orange striped and red striped) are probably what completes the circuit. I'll check using those.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.