IntelliCenter - how to change temperature at which freeze protection mode kicks on?

GrandLSU

May 14, 2020
Baton Rouge, LA
Currently my IntelliCenter turns on freeze protection mode at 35 or 36 degrees, which is too high for me. It ends up wasting a lot of electricity to run the pumps at temperatures which are too warm to actually need freeze protection. I want to lower the set point at which freeze protection turns on to something more suitable, say 32 or 33 degrees. How can I do this?

To my knowledge, you cannot change the set point for Freeze Protection. You can disable it. Or set up a circuit to run 24/7 at low rpm when you know it could be cold and you initiate it.

You could also deliberately mis-calibrate the air temperature sensor. If it is, say, 45° outside, tell the IC that it's 49° to effectively lower the freeze set point by 4°. The IC will still engage freeze protection when it thinks it's 36° but it's really 32°. See "Temperature Sensor Calibration" in the IC manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.