Intellicenter email and password won't migrate to intellicenter2.com

timmccall

Jan 6, 2024
Navarre, FL
I upgraded to the new intellicenter (2012 or later) with the High Power Wireless system. All works great but I cant access the intellicenter remotely. The intellicenter system says its on the internet with a ping, shows the IP address, has 1.064 (it updated over the internet from an earlier version), I can see everything I inputted into the intellicenter via the intellicenter2 app locally, but not remotely. I go the intellicenter2.com and it does not recognize my email address. The system does not show the logo next to the up/down arrows.
Any common issues or ideas?
I have done everything the manual says to do. Rebooted the router, the high power wireless modem, the intellicenter, and no change.
Thanks!
Tim

Just a note to the above post, I have a VSF 3.0 pump with wifi and it is communicating with the intellicenter via the com ports. I am wondering if the 1.064 updated via the pump? I read somewhere that it could. I know the IP address is from the router so maybe the ping for the internet test is from the router as well? So, maybe I am not on the internet? Thanks in advance!!

Tim

If the Internet Connection Test works then you can reach the Pentair server in the cloud.

Did you successfully go through Add New Account from the Outdoor Control Panel?

AFAIK, the IntelliCenter will not update pump firmware.

What model pump do you have? Intelliflo3 011075?

1701989645212-png.543681

I have the 011075 and it is connected to my wifi. I was wondering if the Pump can push the Intellicenter Firmware as the update firmware page showed up on the Intellicenter. If it can't, then the firmware downloaded via the intellicenter connection. I did the add new account and filled out everything except the alt email and alt phone number. I put in the email and passwords and hit the check mark after each page. I'm sure I am not doing something, but who knows.

Additionally (should have stated this), I have the Web and Mobile interface - ON. DHCP is - ON and shows the IP address. I did not fool with any of the " Configure Network" settings other than check for internet connection, which shows its working.
Appreciate the help!!

Tim

Are you using the Pentair Home app for the IntelliCenter or the IntelliCenter2 app?

You also have your Intelliflo3 connected to the Pentair Home app?

Pentair is in the middle of migrating customers from IntelliCenter2 to Pentair HOME. You may have been caught in the middle of that. Have you called Pentair support and reported your problem?

Found the problem. You can't use a special character in the password. I had an ! that was causing the system not to send the info. Once I dumbed the password down, it said "connecting to the server" then the logo appeared on the panel. I now have a remote box on the app. I can also log onto the intellicenter2 website.

Thanks for the help!!!

Tim

Glad you figured it out.

Did you figure it out or did you call Pentair and have them tell you?

I am wondering if Pentair is aware that they allow invalid characters in the password that then does not work.

I was on the phone with tech support, and we were going through another set up and I suggested I would put in another password. I put in a very short one to save time and it immediately started working. I told the tech guy it had to be the password and that I took out all the special characters. He then stated, "Oh ya, you can't have any of those funny characters". I also stated that little tidbit of information is not in the user's manual. Anyway, it is working great.
Glad you figured it out.

Did you figure it out or did you call Pentair and have them tell you?

I am wondering if Pentair is aware that they allow invalid characters in the password that then does not work.

I was on the phone with tech support, and we were going through another set up and I suggested I would put in another password. I put in a very short one to save time and it immediately started working. I told the tech guy it had to be the password and that I took out all the special characters. He then stated, "Oh ya, you can't have any of those funny characters". I also stated that little tidbit of information is not in the user's manual.
Well it is now in our Wiki…

Found the problem. You can't use a special character in the password. I had an ! that was causing the system not to send the info. Once I dumbed the password down, it said "connecting to the server" then the logo appeared on the panel. I now have a remote box on the app. I can also log onto the intellicenter2 website.

Thanks for the help!!!

Tim
The manual for the newest intellicenter wireless kit is actually not correct. It has you do it the old way still. The system first needs your account info and made and after your password etc is all done it automatically now connects to your router. You use to have to go to wifi connection and find your system etc or whatever. I have done several new panel upgrades from easytouch and the first time I was doing it the old rabbit ear way. Honestly the manual is not correct. Also the password thing is stupid. Most my clients I make them use something very easy. Otherwise they forget or loose it. Lol. Good work otherwise. Hopefully the app thing gets resolved soon. Screen logic I feel is way more user friendly than intellicenter or the home app. It's been around much longer and way easier to navigate for most.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support