Lehigh Valley, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
As part of my equipment pad upgrade last year I purchased a Pentair IntelliColor LED pool light to replace my aging Hayward ColorLogic (lasted 12 years until it started failing last week).

The IntelliColor can be disassembled a bit and has rotatable lens for wide (side install) or narrow (end install). It comes as default for wide.

To change the orientation you need to remove a spring clamp, lens gasket and then reinstall in the proper orientation in the gasket.

However Pentair states you must replace the gasket and spring whenever the unit is disassembled.

The fact that they have it defaulted in wide mode seems ridiculous - but now ordered replacement gasket and spring and will be installing tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced this? Definitely frustrating - and the gasket which came with the unit is definitely different than the replacement I received from Pentair (it fits but different color and missing the black ring gasket inside the larger one).

I would call Pentair Support and register your complaint with them.

It just seems like a majorly inconvenient design.

I wonder if Pentair Support would have told you to reuse the old gasket as it would not have taken a set yet in a new light.

Or offered to send you a new gasket.

I will bet lots of pool installers do not replace the gasket when they flip the lense around on a new light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.