Intellibrite 5g issues with wrong colors/syncing

glc650

Jul 3, 2020
USA
Recently upgraded from color wheel lights to Intellibrite 5g color LED lights (one for pool, one for spa) on an IntelliTouch i7+3 system with ScreenLogic2 adapter and Indoor Control Panel (Amazon.com: Pentair 520138 Intellitouch Indoor Control Panel, White: Garden & Outdoor). The circuit functions where changed from SAL to Intellibrite (otherwise I wouldn't even get the option to select a specific color or light show mode). The colors on the Colors menu don't map correctly:

When I press the blue button (on phone app or indoor panel) I get magenta and:
green = blue
red = green
white = red
magenta = white

Ignoring the mess above for a mintue, when I do select a specific color, only one of my lights switches to it and hitting sync doesn't set the other light to the same color. Instead, both lights revert to the last used color show mode.

Back to the color mapping issues, I noticed the American mode shows green instead of red. That's the only other mode I've tried beside swim so far.

Are both lights connected to the same transformer? See @bdavis466 reply in this thread about each light should be on its own transformer.

What exactly am I looking for on page 13? I've hit the sync button dozens of times by now and even alluded to it in my initial post and the color buttons still don't map properly and I can't sync any selected color between my lights.

Have you tried calling Pentair Customer Support?

Pentair said to try the reset button on the IntelliTouch panel which I had already tried. They also said to try resetting all the lights (enter and exit Party Mode 4 times within 30 secs) which I will try tonight when I can see the lights but I'm not expecting any miracles. After telling them the software version (1.09), they seem to think it needs a f/w upgrade.

Have you told your automation panel you hare using Intellibrite lights? Seam to remember having the same issue until I found in the programming a spot to tell the system what type of light it is turning on. Down load the manual for the Intellitouch if you dont have one or look under your lights in the programming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.