Inteliflow pump shows no com. on Easytouch screen.

Mr T

Apr 12, 2014
Florida
Inteliflow does not show display not active, its shows pump speed. Status on Easytouch shows No Comm. I replaced the RS-485 cable but nothing changed. Programs are all set to manual. Intechlor working fine. I reset pump & eashtouch with no luck.

T,

The cable is almost never bad... :(

Step one is to see of the com port is working at all.. Use ScreenLogic or your remote and turn on a pool light. Confirm that ScreenLogic or your remote shows the light as on. Go out to the pool and ensure the light is really on. Using the outside main panel, turn off the light. Confirm the light is really off. Ensure ScreenLogic or your remote now shows the light as off.

If the above test works, it means that your com port is working.

Most of the time when the pump does not say "Display not active" the entire com port is not working. (You have to be in AUTO and not the Service mode.)

If the rest of the com port is working and the pump is not, then it has to be an issue with the pump, or the connection to the pump.

If this is a new IntelliFlo VSF pump, it could have bad Firmware. If an older pump, then that will not be the problem.

It could be the connector pins on the pump side. We have seen them corrode to a point they are almost not there. So I would inspect the connector and clean the pins if needed.

Please let me know if the whole com port is not working and we can do some more tests.

Thanks,

Jim R.

intel inflow VPS pump is about 3 years old. I can turn on blower and pool lights from Easytouch. My remote antenna has no power no tranceiver. When I turn on pump from Easytouch I hear a click sound. As I said intellichlor works and shows comm but not pump. Have reset both and nothing.

T,

You don't seem to understand.. Pushing buttons on the main panel does not require any com port to work.

You need to drop the EasyTouch's front panel down, and disconnect everything on the J20 com port except the pump. With just the pump connected to J20, the pump's display should say "Display Not Active."

If that does not make sense to you, then please show me a couple of pics showing the front panel down and the wiring behind it. I can then try to talk you through what you need to do.

The fact that you remote does not work is part of the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Makes sense, I disconnected everything from J20 except two wires from RS-485 cable. Turned on power to Easytouch and pump. Checked pump and no display not active on pump. RS-485 cable is new. Status for pump still shows no com.

T,

This means that either the pump has lost its com port chips or the main board has lost its com port chips.

No way to know which one is bad for sure, but about 90% of the time it is the main card.

That said, if you have an IntelliChlor SWCG, the only way the EasyTouch can control the cell's output, when connected to the EasyTouch, is for the main card to be working.

As another test, you can connect just the cell's power supply to J20 and then using the EasyTouch's little LCD adjust the cell's output up and down. Confirm that the cell's sanitizer lights change up and down like they should. If this works, then the main card has to be good. Keep in mind that there can be a long delay before the cell's lights change..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Did as you advised connecting only the Chlorinator to the J20. Although the lights were on the chlorinator showing 20% it did not change amount when i used the easytouch LCD to adjust the amount. Also status on LCD showed active for chlorinator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.