Yorba Linda
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
30 year old pool with upgraded equipment. A couple years ago I had my pump changed out by Leslies pool to a inteliflo VSF the tech set it up to run high speed on the Easytouch panel and low speed in a feature program. I have been continuously chasing my chlorine levels as the SWG only came on when the pool sweep is on and I would have to change that run time as the weather changes up to 5-6 hours in the summer at 100%.
I recently upgraded my heater and figure out from this forum that my schedules were not right. Now I have my SWC on all the time @ 10% for 14 hrs and pool sweep 2.5 hrs chemistry is good. When I set the pump speed to where the SWC comes on it’s 1700 RPM and only 13-14 gpm that seems really low to me. Also it’s a pool spa combo the spa make-up seems slow. One large concern is that when I turn on the spa booster pump my filter pressure goes up dramatically and I get a high pressure warning. I just finished a complete filter break down and cleaned the SWC. Thanks dougo

Doug,

I would not worry about GPM readings.. What you care about is how it actually works, not some magic number that may or may not be correct for your specific pool.

If you want your spa to spillover more, then you will need to increase the speed of the IntelliFlo, or open the make-up valve more (assuming you have a valve)

You have an additional pump for your spa??

Show us some pics of your equipment pad, so we can see what equipment you have and how is is connected.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.