Intelichlor ic40 problems

Apr 19, 2017
Tulsa Oklahoma
My ic40 is not working. Sometimes when I turn it on I only get a solid red salt light and sometimes I get more lights like the pic. Any ideas?
536003aa2a249224f9bb8794550907a8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What is your version number and production date? See sticker on bottom.

What is the water temperature?

What is your actual salinity as tested by a good salt test kit like a k-1766?

D,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all SWCG Questions.. :shark:

If your IC40 is like mine it is almost impossible for me to get into a position to read the "sticker on the bottom".

A Pentair tech came out the other day to replace an bad temp sensor under warranty and he just stuck his cell phone under the unit and snapped a pic.

I would have spent an hour tying to get into a pretzel position and then had to use a bottle of Advil to recover... :hammer:

I like his way better.

Jim R.

Cold water cutoff is about 52 degrees Fahrenheit. The Intellichlor does have temperature compensation. Pentair recommends that the unit not be used under 60F.

At 60F, or above, the cell should work as long as the salinity is sufficient.

I suspect that the cell control pad has gone bad. Sometimes water will get into the control pad and short it out.

To check for the sticker, loosen the unions and rotate the cell so that the bottom is easier to see. Or, just remove the cell and check the plates at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.