Instapark Betta review

Check the impellers for anything wrapped up around them. Also spray the motors out with a hose. Just spray water straight into them from the open end, you want to try to flush out any grit inside the motors if you can.
For those who wondered if this is legit advice, I pulled the basket out yesterday, and sprayed the motors from the front and back. It did stop the noise. Two thumbs up to Orion7319 for this tip! 👏

My Beta 2 was working part time in the fall (on/off switch not working, unit ran 24/7)
This spring unit will not charge
Three weeks past manufactures warranty but I bought on Amazon with 3 year extended.
Filed claim this am, and they are going to refund my money, via e-gift card
They did not even ask for me to send unit back in for repair
1685978143723.png

My Beta 2 was working part time in the fall (on/off switch not working, unit ran 24/7)
This spring unit will not charge
Three weeks past manufactures warranty but I bought on Amazon with 3 year extended.
Filed claim this am, and they are going to refund my money, via e-gift card
They did not even ask for me to send unit back in for repair
View attachment 500470

That is interesting. I made my third warranty claim during the first year at the beginning of May. They offered a $100 discount if I wanted to replace it with the SE. Since I had the extended warranty I sent it back for repair.

Something I always do is save original packaging for items I purchase until the warranty has expired. I put my Betta 2 in the box with the styrofoam supports and the plastic bag and sent it off to them. When I got the unit back I thought they had sent me a new one since the box was marked white SE and I had returned a blue 2. When I opened it I was surprised that my unit was in that box. Not only that but there was no styrofoam support or plastic bag. It just had a single sheet of bubble wrap around it. The propeller end was against the side of the box with no protection. Luckily it did not get damaged in shipping.

I suspect they have so many of these back for warranty work that they can't keep track of things.

I used amazons extended warranty as the regular one had expired.
My gift card is already in my account.
We use Amazon alot, so even tho did not get the cash back, the gift card is fine

I am also thinking they must be over run with claims if they are refunding this quick
I paid about $50 to get a seasons worth of use

I am also thinking they must be over run with claims if they are refunding this quick
I paid about $50 to get a seasons worth of use
Amazon's warranty is typically square trade, for lower price items like the beta , it's better economy for them to pay it out than to pay for 2 way shipping on a large item, have it inspected, try and source parts and repair.

“Something I always do is save original packaging for items I purchase until the warranty has expired. I put my Betta 2 in the box with the styrofoam supports and the plastic bag and sent it off to them. When I got the unit back I thought they had sent me a new one since the box was marked white SE and I had returned a blue 2. When I opened it I was surprised that my unit was in that box. Not only that but there was no styrofoam support or plastic bag. It just had a single sheet of bubble wrap around it. The propeller end was against the side of the box with no protection. Luckily it did not get damaged in shipping.”
On one of my returns my unit came back like this! I sent that back and I think this was the time they sent me the newer version without an up charge…I always say I love this robot when it works!

On one of my returns my unit came back like this! I sent that back and I think this was the time they sent me the newer version without an up charge…I always say I love this robot when it works!
That will definitely run in circles!

I purchased the Betta SE (2023 model) that should arrive today from Amazon. I am hoping it has most of the bugs worked out. Reading this, I am thinking I may need to see if I can purchase the three year warranty from Amazon after the fact now. What do you think? Chance it with the 1 year warranty or add the extra $60+ dollars and get a three year warranty?

I purchased the Betta SE (2023 model) that should arrive today from Amazon. I am hoping it has most of the bugs worked out. Reading this, I am thinking I may need to see if I can purchase the three year warranty from Amazon after the fact now. What do you think? Chance it with the 1 year warranty or add the extra $60+ dollars and get a three year warranty?
Get the 3 year warranty for sure. Betta is in the elements working 24/7 basically. It will break.

Reactions: blazer58

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chance it with the 1 year warranty or add the extra $60+ dollars and get a three year warranty?
As a rule, I never pay for an extended warranty, with this based on everything I've read, I did. I also purchased from Amazon but bought the warranty once the unit arrived straight from Betta. As I understand (and someone can correct me of I'm wrong) the Amazon is one time use , if it breaks within three years they will refund the purchase price. You can then buy a new one but would need to repurchase the warranty, effectively costing ~60 per issue but always refreshing the 3yrs. With the Betta warranty they will repair the unit and pay for shipping both ways as many times as needed.

Thats an interesting dilemma. Do you pay $60 to get a brand new unit each time, or a warranty where they fix it each time for a the one time charge?

I guess a little bit of a gamble if the unit breaks multiple times in the 3 years, the manufacturer warranty is better. But if it is going to last over a year before it breaks (mine is over a year old and still running) they the Amazon insurance is better.

Also as a general rule I dont buy the extended warranties either, except for a few select items that I know dont have a long life expectancy. Like those collapsible hoses.

Thats an interesting dilemma. Do you pay $60 to get a brand new unit each time, or a warranty where they fix it each time for a the one time charge?
I am still in the "honeymoon" phase with mine but I'm curious. Those that have had these for a while, do the new units last longer before failure than the repaired units?

I have the new Betta SE (2023 Version) from Amazon when they had it on a Flash sale. The unit has been working great for the past month. Hoping that it will continue this as I really like this addition to our pool. We have a Baja deck and was worried about the Betta getting stuck however no issues, either my water depth is deeper or the issue may have been addressed with the newer model ...

So the wife really wanted another one so we order the SE (2023) model off Amazon (thru Betta site)
Got the extended warranty again.
Hoping they have all the bugs fixed as it works really good when it runs

Has anyone else had a problem with the on/off switch not working, and unit not taking a charge ?
Seeing as thy let me keep the old one, I think I will take it apart and mess around with the switch.
It might of stuck/broke in the off position thus reason it will not charge

Has anyone else had a problem with the on/off switch not working, and unit not taking a charge ?
Seeing as thy let me keep the old one, I think I will take it apart and mess around with the switch.
It might of stuck/broke in the off position thus reason it will not charge
I had that problem with mine last summer. It would not turn off. It was sent in for warranty repair since it also had a motor issue.

Reactions: blazer58
Ok, I received my Betta SE and placed it in the pool. This robot is going to be worth its weight in gold when the oak trees start loosing their leaves and the dreaded curly things. It did get stuck at the skimmer, so I turned down the suction of the skimmer and added more suction to the bottom drains on the pool. I did have to adjust the skimmer a bit again when my pump turned up its RPMs for the last hour of the day. I run my pump for 10 hours during the Summer using the last hour as an increase of pump speed to clear out any bubbles in the pump.

It was so cool to take this robot out of the box, turn it on, and just place it in the pool. It started working immediately blinking its little green lights. My next test with it is to see how long it runs after the sun sets and see when it turns on again in the morning. I will also have to consider whether I want to completely turn off the skimmer or just leave it on low suction. Turning it off may reduce the amount of debris that gets into the pump basket itself. I also found out that when my dog dives into the pool to cool off, the robot has no idea what to do. I believe the waves created by the dive actually seems to confuse the robot who just backs up and goes forward continuously until the waves calm down.

Finally, I have to register it with the manufacturer. To do this I will need to pull it out of the pool and find the serial number. Also the warranty registration is asking for the order number. For those of you who ordered theirs from Amazon, is the Amazon order number what is being requested here?

Also the warranty registration is asking for the order number. For those of you who ordered theirs from Amazon, is the Amazon order number what is being requested here?
Serial number is also on the registration card that should have been in the box. Yes I put in the Amazon order number. If you are going to buy the bettabot extended warranty, you have to do that before you register as they will only apply that to a "new" unit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support