Instapark Betta review

I've about decided these charge in the sun when off, even though Betta says they don't. If I put it in the sun until noon (turned off), lights stay green until midnight. If I just leave it on in the pool, it won't go past 6 or 7pm. Pool does get a lot of shade. Can't believe they didn't add a charger with the new version, would be very helpful on cloudy days.

Filled out warranty form, got shipping label less than 2 hours later! They're saying 10-15 days, let's hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orion7319
I've about decided these charge in the sun when off, even though Betta says they don't. If I put it in the sun until noon (turned off), lights stay green until midnight. If I just leave it on in the pool, it won't go past 6 or 7pm. Pool does get a lot of shade. Can't believe they didn't add a charger with the new version, would be very helpful on cloudy days.
I’ve tethered my “dead” unit up in the sunniest part of the pool with it turned off. It took off when switched on. Hmmmm.

They 100% charge when off.

Reactions: Orion7319 and tcat
I am considering replacing my dead robot cleaner with a suction-side one. Does anyone have one of these cleaners and a Betta? I am wondering how the Betta and the hose from the suction cleaner will get along. My Betta would get caught in my robot's power cord, but I'm hoping that wouldn't be the case with a thicker hose.

Thanks.

I am considering replacing my dead robot cleaner with a suction-side one. Does anyone have one of these cleaners and a Betta? I am wondering how the Betta and the hose from the suction cleaner will get along. My Betta would get caught in my robot's power cord, but I'm hoping that wouldn't be the case with a thicker hose.

Thanks.
I have both, and the Betta gets stuck on the floating part of the hose eventually. I pull the floating portion out and lay it on the pool deck after it gets done running in the morning. Next morning, I toss that portion of the hose back in. Yeah, it's annoying, but a small 30-second price to pay for less junk in my pool and filter. I set a daily phone reminder to tell me 15 mins before my Polaris 280 runs to go toss the hose back in.

I have both, and the Betta gets stuck on the floating part of the hose eventually. I pull the floating portion out and lay it on the pool deck after it gets done running in the morning. Next morning, I toss that portion of the hose back in. Yeah, it's annoying, but a small 30-second price to pay for less junk in my pool and filter. I set a daily phone reminder to tell me 15 mins before my Polaris 280 runs to go toss the hose back in.
Thanks @grunky_peep. Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know nonetheless. Which portion of the hose do you pull out? From the suction/pressure port all the way to the cleaner?

Thanks @grunky_peep. Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know nonetheless. Which portion of the hose do you pull out? From the suction/pressure port all the way to the cleaner?
Just the floating part. I'm not sure what the terms for it are, but up until the first nut. I leave that hanging over/in the water since it can leak some water every now and then. As long as the hose goes in the pool and under the water without any floating portions, you should be fine.

IMG_8182.jpeg

Reactions: DanF
Thanks for the pic. I believe your cleaner is a pressure side cleaner, no? A suction side cleaner I *think* has a different hose, of a greater diameter, but not sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My B2 is acting up (again). One motor very noisy. Red to green to red flashing. Sitting in sun one prop turns, other doesn't (it will try but stop quickly). One light doesn't seem to want to turn green (it's off when it does move for a few feet). I could probably oil motors again and get another couple weeks to get me through catkins drop, but going for repair after that!

Hopefully they replace the whole motor unit, because the inside bore is very rough (rust?). These repairs must be costing them a lot of shipping fees!

Reactions: DanF and Orion7319

Thanks.
I saw a YouTube video a few weeks back where a guy bought weights designed for the hose. Spaced them out so that the hose floated just under the surface and they could coexist.

I saw a YouTube video a few weeks back where a guy bought weights designed for the hose. Spaced them out so that the hose floated just under the surface and they could coexist.
Thanks! There was a thread here a while back about someone using fishing weights on a robot to keep the cable out of Betta's way.

Just got mine back, 9 days total, impressed. Looks like they replaced both motors and props. It's almost silent now! One LED was out when I shipped it, still out (but I forgot to mention it was out). I guess they don't thoroughly test them. Running well, let's hope they improved the motors!

Reactions: DanF and Orion7319

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support