Instapark Betta review

Amazon has it back on sale for $358. No coupon this time around tho.

Delivery tomorrow for my area, going to pull the trigger and pick one up!

Then buy the warranty separately.
Yep, mine just got delivered a few minutes ago. Pool isn't open yet, but wanted to get it while on sale.

The contour of the front is either slightly different, or if floats just a touch lower in the water. The front corner of the SE Plus now jams itself into my skimmer and gets stuck. Putting down the front stair feet solves the problem though.

How often do you guys clean out the basket? Does it warn you if getting full? Mine is coming today and I am super pumped to hopefully do 1 less pool maintenance item or at least minimal!

How often do you guys clean out the basket? Does it warn you if getting full? Mine is coming today and I am super pumped to hopefully do 1 less pool maintenance item or at least minimal!
As usual, it depends.

There is no warning. You will get a feel for how often it needs to be emptied based on your situation and the time of the year (or even what week it is.) I have some flowering trees. When the petals drop I need to empty the basket daily if there is any wind. Most of the spring I do it when I put the other cleaner in, maybe weekly. In the summer I may do it every couple of days if there are a bunch of flying insects getting in. If I cut the grass around the pool deck I always check it the next day.

Reactions: JC707
As usual, it depends.

There is no warning. You will get a feel for how often it needs to be emptied based on your situation and the time of the year (or even what week it is.) I have some flowering trees. When the petals drop I need to empty the basket daily if there is any wind. Most of the spring I do it when I put the other cleaner in, maybe weekly. In the summer I may do it every couple of days if there are a bunch of flying insects getting in. If I cut the grass around the pool deck I always check it the next day.
Not having to net grass clippings out of the pool for 10 mins after mowing makes the Betta worth it by itself.

I have a side suction cleaner at the moment with a Polaris connected (working on robot purchase sometime this year).

Is it OK to leave this in while I put in the Betta? Thanks!

Barry the Betta (named by my 6 year old daughter) is now fully charge. Plugged it in about an hour or 2 ago. Excited to try this out. 😎

I have a side suction cleaner at the moment with a Polaris connected (working on robot purchase sometime this year).

Is it OK to leave this in while I put in the Betta? Thanks!
No. My Betta kept getting hung up in the floating hose of the Polaris pressure-side type cleaner. I just removed it and let the betta run.

Have Betta going now. We have precast coping that sticks out a little and Betta scrapes it sometimes. The front has those wheel guides but the rear is exposed. Is this normal? Thanks!

Have Betta going now. We have precast coping that sticks out a little and Betta scrapes it sometimes. The front has those wheel guides but the rear is exposed. Is this normal? Thanks!
In my pool the Betta hits the coping all the time when the water level is high. Most of the upper housing is very scratched up from it.

I didn't notice this until the damage was done. I am on a well so when we are nearing drought conditions I am hesitant to put water in the pool and the level can get fairly low. Because of that I never want to pump water out unless it is near overflowing. I don't worry about the skimmers skimming because of the Betta. It's a catch 22.

I would rather have a scratched Betta housing than a bottomed out well.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In my pool the water level Betta hits the coping all the time when the water level is high. Most of the upper housing is very scratched up from it.

I didn't notice this until the damage was done. I am on a well so when we are nearing drought conditions I am hesitant to put water in the pool and the level can get fairly low. Because of that I never want to pump water out unless it is near overflowing. I don't worry about the skimmers skimming because of the Betta. It's a catch 22.

I would rather have a scratched Betta housing than a bottomed out well.

I could possibly throw some self stick silicone cushion pads or something.

Mine runs 24/7. Scratches won't effect function. My concrete coping is normally above where it hits (unless there's a lot of rain).

24/7 most of the time. If it is just me or my wife in the pool I generally don't take it out. It is out if there is anyone else.

I will also take it out sometimes if I am not going to be around for an extended period of time because it can get stuck in a couple of spots. It is also out when I am running the cleaner.

When adding chemicals I usually don't take it out. I just wait for it to be in the shallow end and dose in the deep end.

I tried both 5% off coupon codes from page 37 and looks like no longer working.

Anyone have another code to use? Purchasing warranty today. Thanks!

Is it a good idea to rinse off the betta if taking out of pool?

Man I love this thing keeping the water clean...pretty amazed. 👌

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support