Instapark Betta Automatic Pool Skimmer

Installed it 2 days ago. Works fine except gets stuck on the top step. Adjustable legs in the front don’t go down far enough and with the rear legs down it goes far enough onto the step to get stuck where the motors don’t have enough power to back it off. The unit sits like a boat where the bow is higher than the stern and so the bottom has just enough slope to allow it to “beach” itself. I bought the 3yr warranty but honestly trying to decide if I want to fix it myself with some epoxy and plastic spacers to extend the front legs. Afraid if I modify anything my return opportunities is done. I really wanted this to work…

I made 2 of these that I zip tie to the front legs. Its not elegant but works for now. Also will not void the warranty as they are easily removed.

At some point I plan on crafting a more elegant long term solution.

CB1908DF-3568-42F2-BE92-31153D301D71.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I upgrade I will get the 3-year, for this reason alone.
the two year warranty includes shipping as well. the only difference between the 2 & 3 year warranty i can see is the percentage trade in discount for newer model (10% vs 20 %). chances are they will probably come out with a betta 3 model in a couple of years?

Reactions: DanF
That and the extra year of warranty, which in my experience is HUGE. This is the 5th model of a solar skimmer that I have had. Most have a life expectancy of 2 years. Getting a 3rd year is very valuable for me. Then a discount on the next model is also very appropriate.

Get the 3 year warranty. It included 2 way shipping if something goes wrong. Based on longevity of previous units I would really take the longest warranty you can get.
Well I went ahead and upgraded my dead Betta to the Betta 2 using the $200 trade-in discount and added the 3-year extended warranty. They will include a pre-paid shipping label to return the dead Betta. I hope the Betta 2 lasts longer than a year.

Reactions: Orion7319

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As far as the steps mine also gets stuck at times.
I put a bucket in the middle of the step when the betta is running, problem solved for me.
Other then that its been working great

My Betta 2 died just shy of 3 months. When it worked, it was awesome. I bought the warranty up front and just shipped it back for repair. As others have stated, they covered the shipping. At first the ON/OFF switch stopped working...it was stuck on (better than being stuck off). It seemed like the motors also started getting a bit louder and then it just quit working completely. I'm looking forward to getting it back and so far the customer service has been outstanding.

Reactions: Orion7319
My Betta 2 died just shy of 3 months. When it worked, it was awesome. I bought the warranty up front and just shipped it back for repair. As others have stated, they covered the shipping. At first the ON/OFF switch stopped working...it was stuck on (better than being stuck off). It seemed like the motors also started getting a bit louder and then it just quit working completely. I'm looking forward to getting it back and so far the customer service has been outstanding.
Sorry to hear about your Betta 2 dying so soon. Hopefully Instapark is quick to return your repaired unit. Let us know how fast the turnaround is. I also purchased the extended warranty when I got my Betta 2.

I have version 1 of the Betta robot for 2 years now and it's still going strong. If it doesn't get charged up enough it does just putter around a bit looking for sun ight. We did have an issue with one of the propellers not spinning so it would shut off and flash 1 red light up front the and red and blue in the back. But after manually spinning the prop a few times it started up and ran all afternoon. It was my wife's idea to get it and we love it !

Well my on off switch crapped out yesterday
Unit stays on in or out of the water
Guess I will be contacting service department
Other then the switch it’s ran great all year

I have to either remove the Betta or turn it off prior to operating my robot floor/wall cleaner. How do Betta owners remove the unit or manually turn it off, without it losing some of its debris back in the pool?

I have to either remove the Betta or turn it off prior to operating my robot floor/wall cleaner. How do Betta owners remove the unit or manually turn it off, without it losing some of its debris back in the pool?
I just grab it with both hands and lift straight up...not too fast though so it doesnt slosh the debris around

I also grab with both hands. I also leave it running while pulling it up so the debris does not escape. Then turn it off when it is out of the water.
Thanks - that is also what I have been doing but wondered if there was a different way. I found that if I turned the Betta off prior to lifting then debris would exit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.