Long Island , NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am doing some upgrades on my pool equipment. Adding RJ60+, Gulfstream H150 Heat pump and new Intelliflo EC-011028.
I will be doing all the plumbing work myself and but will be having and electrician install a new 100A panel. For my current setup I was running pump with 110V wifi outlet.

I have been reading up on using a timer and other options for using SWG with VS pump.

I could run VSP all the time and adjust SWG to whatever low setting is needed. For this the electrician could install a 220V cord and outlet for VSP (so I can bring inside in winter. And also install either an additional 220V or 110V outlet for SWG. I would unplug SWG generator to shut it down, would also bring inside during winter.

Or should I use a timer to control SWG? Other option is current sensing relay but I think I would have to do that myself.

What is simplest way to set this up?

Thank you

You may have already considered it, but an automation setup like the Pentair Intellicenter and ScreenLogic2 may be worthwhile. There may be some people who can set it and forget it, but I'm not one of them. I tend to adjust my SWG output a few times a week depending on current FC levels, cloud conditions, bather load, etc. This just takes a second from my smart phone, but would be a pain if I had to go to the equipment pad every time.

I thought about Intellicenter and IC60. I'm not sure it is worth the extra ~$1K and have no warranty for remote operation. We only have a 4 month pool season in NY.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.