Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello everyone -- quick question:

About to install a saltwater system and was wondering if there's any detriment to continue using my chlorine tablet feeder (bypassing the SW Generator w/check valve of course)? I feel that this would occasionally keep the PH in check, as well as adding necessary stabilizer as/when needed. Not to mention, I still have about 30 LBS of tablets left from last year :)

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Much appreciated! - while perusing this section of the forum (I forgot what a great resource this is), I've seen a couple of images with the feeder 'inline' after the salt cell. I have a perfect place for my cell, complete with the check valve already installed. This seems like a better option as I wouldn't be increasing the elbow turns in the system. so my related question is: is a bypass actually needed?

so my related question is: is a bypass actually needed?
With a check valve it may not, but be sure to check the owner's manual for the specific SWG you are installing. Configurations vary and get a bit tricky. While I understand you are trying to make the most out of everything you have there (no waste), remember that you do have the option to just eliminate the feeder altogether. That's what I ended-up doing. You can still use tabs later as needed, just in a floater. I say this only if your DIY install project starts to become a headache trying to make both fit & work, you may just cancel the inline and focus on the SWG which will be your primary source of chlorine anyways.

Thank you again. It's the Hayward Aquarite system. Definitely no waste if I install it inline and I will eventually remove the feeder down the road... I do like the slow release of the stabilizer as it's easier to manage. With the amount of tabs I have left, it will probably last me 2 seasons. Once I get CYA to about 30-50, chorine tabs are done for the summer :)

Another slightly off topic Q.. when becoming a TFP supporter, how long do the discounts last? Do any of them expire?

Thank you again. It's the Hayward Aquarite system. Definitely no waste if I install it inline and I will eventually remove the feeder down the road... I do like the slow release of the stabilizer as it's easier to manage. With the amount of tabs I have left, it will probably last me 2 seasons. Once I get CYA to about 30-50, chorine tabs are done for the summer :)

Another slightly off topic Q.. when becoming a TFP supporter, how long do the discounts last? Do any of them expire?
By default the gift certificate to TFTestkits for being a Gold Supporter does expire after 365 days, but if you write in I can easily adjust this manually. All other discounts don’t expire

Reactions: muvipix
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.