Installing replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame

Ty for this post. It saved us from losing $400 due to getting scammed when we were sold a pool that we later found over 40 holes. I used the clips you suggested and it all worked perfectly. 1 thing we did a touch different was we added eye screws near the bottom of each leg and ran one long rope throughout the entire thing. We didnt have the tabs for the pull rope like you have and this seemed to work out great as now all the weight is evenly distributed across the entire liner, the rope and the legs.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150710_185703.jpg
    20150710_185703.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,257
Reactions: Windylou
Can anyone who has done this please post any update along with the finish product picture. I just had my Intex liner replaced and I already found a few minor leaks around the seams. I was extra careful but I guess Intex has issues with quality. I would like to do this next summer.

Can anyone who has done this please post any update along with the finish product picture. I just had my Intex liner replaced and I already found a few minor leaks around the seams. I was extra careful but I guess Intex has issues with quality. I would like to do this next summer.

There are several pictures through the entire thread. You just have to look at all the pages.

Has anyone used a grommet kit to hold the liner in place? I picked a kit up for $5 and I think it has 20+ grommets and the tool to install them. Seems a little cheaper than getting the grabbers. I will be doing a replacement liner this winter/fall. We have a leak but so far it's manageable.

Well here is an update of the original pool that started this thread. It's been 4 years now and still holding water. I have replaced most of the tarp grabbers starting I think after the third year due to them finally weather cracking and breaking. I just bought some and would replace one when ever it gave out. The top of the liner that lays on top of the railing is the only thing that has wear on it. It has been hit by some major hail stones through out the four years and ripped and cracked it. I used Tear-aid patches to cover over them and worked great. Just doesn't look great. I am thinking about replacing the liner next year with one that has something printed on it since I know this actually works and holds up good. Still trying to think of some way to put something over the top rail that makes a cover. I guess it would be a top rail for the top rail. Lol. So for me this has paid for itself. I have a Hayward sand filter, 1hp pump (runs 24/7),intex chlorine generator (set on 7). I leave the solar cover on all the time and tool it back when we swim. I do leave it in covered every now and again to cool the water if it gets over 100 degrees. I vacuum every other week. That's all I do. Stays crystal clear and I don't have to use any chemicals at all. At the end of the season I use Algaecide 60 and cover the pool with a regular cover. Always clear when opening.
2e6f649e69f3e840337c004ee29c7a70.jpg
0cc35d22b1b740edc2bb61c3c572d76b.jpg
03d6e4ca478a8cde5399482cb574c3a6.jpg
1d257d724d67eafa4c09bfb86475fdf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bought a 24' by 52" Intex on CL and can already see some holes (but of course the ad stated absolutley no holes) and this entire thread has made me very excited for installation time next spring. I'll go with the 24'x52" standard overlap 25ml cracked glass liner on Amazon and see where that gets me. Its quite an old pool (intex liner isn't checker its little blue sea animals) but I'm sure it'll install just about the same.

This might not work as well on the ULTRA frame's but on the regular metal frame intex pools, for added esthetics, take water noodles and carefully cut a straight slit from one end to the other and you have a perfect soft top rail on your pool. This is also the only thing you need to hold the liner in place, if you do it right. This should be the last step in adding a liner to your metal frame above ground pool. You're welcome

This might not work as well on the ULTRA frame's but on the regular metal frame intex pools, for added esthetics, take water noodles and carefully cut a straight slit from one end to the other and you have a perfect soft top rail on your pool. This is also the only thing you need to hold the liner in place, if you do it right. This should be the last step in adding a liner to your metal frame above ground pool. You're welcome

Yea I don't think it would work on the ultra frame but would be awesome on the regular type frame. It would make it look pretty cool. As long as the kids don't take them off and play with them. Hahahaha. I would probably still tie the line down just for peace of mind.

Got pictures of this way of doing it? I like the concept.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.