Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Wanted to run this by y’all:

I’m possibly going to have this installed. Gas just isn’t an option for me. I just want to swim maybe may and into September/ October. I use a solar cover and likely won’t use hp in summer months.

My current pump is fine (5 1/2 yrs old), Pentair superflo high perf, just looking to reduce electric bill. Yea, I know the hp will jack it up 🤣.

Do you think this hp and pump is appropriately sized? Suggestions? I realize Pentair is more costly but I’m fine with that.

I’m in Ohio. Approximately 17,500 gals. Swg, vinyl .
Thanks in advance for your opinions/suggestions .

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    689.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3493.jpeg
    IMG_3493.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 5
Wanted to run this by y’all:

I’m possibly going to have this installed. Gas just isn’t an option for me. I just want to swim maybe may and into September/ October. I use a solar cover and likely won’t use hp in summer months.

My current pump is fine (5 1/2 yrs old), Pentair superflo high perf, just looking to reduce electric bill. Yea, I know the hp will jack it up 🤣.

Do you think this hp and pump is appropriately sized? Suggestions? I realize Pentair is more costly but I’m fine with that.

I’m in Ohio. Approximately 17,500 gals. Swg, vinyl .
Thanks in advance for your opinions/suggestions .
Not sure what horsepower you have now, but, except for the motor, you are replacing the pump with the same pump. You would find which RPM works to allow the heater to function and set it up to run long, slow runs.

Reactions: Diane e
Sounds fine.

The more BTU's your budget allows the better the HP will be able to heat your pool as desired. Pentair has 110, 120 and 140 BTU HPs.

Reactions: Diane e