Installing New Pump - Should I Upgrade Plumbing?

Yev

Jul 29, 2014
Independence, KY
Installing New Pump - Should I Upgrade Plumbing?

Current Pool Config
-All plumbing is 1.5" lines
-4 Returns, each with a dedicated line
-3 Supplies (skimmer and a dual head main drain), each with a dedicated line
-Pentair TR60 Sand Filter
-Pentair SM10-3 Multiport Valve (1.5" style)(MPV)
-Hayward CL200 Tab Feeder (I know tabs are bad, used for vacation, etc.) that is a 1.5" style feeder

The pool has been great for 7 years in terms of water quality, etc.

So my question when I go to install my new pump, Intelliflo VS 011028, should I upgrade the plumbing to 2: plumbing, in the following areas
-Where my three 1.5" Supplies manifold into a single line and go into the Intelliflo?
-Output of the Intelliflo going over to the 1.5" MPV

The pump was not cheap, so right now I would rather not upgrade my MPV to a 2" model today, and I would rather not upgrade the feeder to a 2" model right now either.

So if anyone can give me some feedback on if there is any value in doing some partial 2" upgrades, and how important is it to ultimately upgrade my feeder and MPV.

Thanks,

Yev,

Upgrading to 2" plumbing, at the equipment pad, will not make and real difference in the operation of the system. The only advantage is that if everthing is the same size, it is a little easier to plumb.

You are going to be running your new pump at a low RPM, so pipe size is not much of a factor..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.