crawfs2

May 2, 2021
St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New to the group. I am wanting to install a liquid chlorinating feeder/pump to feed chlorine to my 25000 gallon inground pool. There is no source of power at my pool and the pool equipment is located about 20 feet from the pool. I realize I may need to bury tubing or poly tubing to the pool. I have read about stenner pumps on this forum but wanted to see if there were any additional thoughts regarding how to accomplish this. I do not have a heater but do have a poly line I have already buried that I use to help heat my water. It runs directly into my skimmer but can be moved. I am thinking of repurposing this as a chemical feed.

I have been using dichlor tablets in a float along with granular chlorine with success but want to get away from that and use liquid chlorine.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Steve.

If you don't what to use a Stenner or dosing pump, here is a passive method that I used for a while (i.e. before dosing pump):

The downside is the lack of control. It is harder to control the flow of passive methods vs active methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: crawfs2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.