Installing Intex 12x24 AGP,,,,,questions

Poolzzz

Aug 14, 2017
Vancouver, BC
You have to level your ground, not fill to level. You can never compact fill enough to make it not move under the weight of even a small pool, much less what you're planning.
Filling to level works fine if you use the right compactible fill material such as road base or derivative. I used 3/8 crusher run on mine.

CurtisPDX

Aug 7, 2018
Portland OR
E4E3C348-9DBE-44F1-B363-54D901BF1E81.jpegD27456AA-3A68-4390-883B-9F94107225C3.jpegE8ECC3B5-CCC7-46A6-9AF0-99F2EFE03EFF.jpeg

Well, pool is finally up and filling! It should be full by this evening and that will give me time to pick up some more filter sand to get the pump hooked up. The set up went as well as can be expected with my pops and 10yr old daughter helping. I think me and pops could have done it faster without my daughters “help”, but she wanted to hang with dad and grandpa. Glad it’s done, well, there will be a deck to follow but it’s still in the design stages so for now it’s just pool time.

CurtisPDX

Aug 7, 2018
Portland OR
Questions continue! Just so I have it right, before using pump for the first time I need to Backwash first then Rinse the sand filter before setting it to Filter?

sammckin

May 9, 2019
WV
View attachment 110564View attachment 110565View attachment 110566

Well, pool is finally up and filling! It should be full by this evening and that will give me time to pick up some more filter sand to get the pump hooked up. The set up went as well as can be expected with my pops and 10yr old daughter helping. I think me and pops could have done it faster without my daughters “help”, but she wanted to hang with dad and grandpa. Glad it’s done, well, there will be a deck to follow but it’s still in the design stages so for now it’s just pool time.
Now you're rolling buddy, keep the pics coming. Looks awesome!

CurtisPDX

Aug 7, 2018
Portland OR
Yeah, backwash till clear, then rinse for 1 minute
Thanks! I’ll pick up the sand today, after finishing up some landscaping and the pool should be ready for kids. And maybe some bigger people! I’m really happy with the size of this 12x24 pool. I’m glad now I didn’t go with the 16x32, might have been too much?