Installed New Circupool Edge 40

I don’t think it’s producing chlorine all the time. I think when it’s pulling 78 watts it’s producing chlorine and when it’s pulling 11 watts it’s just resting. You should be able to look in the cell and see little bubbles forming around the plates when it’s actually generating chlorine.

When I loggin back in it was 78,..But I have watched it every few minutes for a hour ( blame COVAD and working from home ) and it never drops.
If I put it at full strength it was around 200 watts..Definitely pulls more power as I add more bars

When I loggin back in it was 78,..But I have watched it every few minutes for a hour ( blame COVAD and working from home ) and it never drops.
If I put it at full strength it was around 200 watts..Definitely pulls more power as I add more bars

Hmm, weird, maybe it does behave differently then. That’s interesting.

Actually, does the Edge have a “generating” light? My RJ-30+ has a light labeled “generating” and that only turns on when it is actually generating chlorine.

Hmm, weird, maybe it does behave differently then. That’s interesting.

Actually, does the Edge have a “generating” light? My RJ-30+ has a light labeled “generating” and that only turns on when it is actually generating chlorine.

No I think the Edge is different, No flow switch and the watts stay fairly consistent during the day..It will vary slightly 1 or 2 but my smart plug cot $10 so probably not perfect :)
I have watched it and every time I increase the rate it draws more watts goes from around 40 to 210.

I have it at 2/8 now and keeping my 20K pool around 5 on FC

That likely is the "4th Generation" puckey they are talking about. I still don't know which one I want. I don't like that the edge is a 30-20% warranty after year four (meaning that 7 years is really false advertising in my view), the plastic control box with no real readouts on it, and short cord on the cell. I do like the switching and variable power supply on the controller. I suspect long term the Edge what will eventually replace the SJ series being only $100 more. But they obviously only have small-medium sized units at present.

I still am leaning toward the Universal40 being that it's basically a slightly improved clone of a Hayward with a T-cell-15. I am maybe a little worried about the availability of cell replacements going onward but Circupool seems to keep the older replacement cells in stock like a company should.

DSP, CircuPool and the seller of Circupool on e-bay are all in the Houston area, so they really do keep it in the family. I do wish they were a little more forthright with the technical information.

Reactions: markayash
So I think it was on this thread where I stated that I was waiting to buy until I got the TA down to 100 and water balanced. Someone asked about my fill water. I just measured it at 150 so it's bad but not horrible. I like the "dark mode" in this recent update of Pool Math as well. Kids are swimming finally that it's 82F out and water is 71F...

I have TA at 110 but pH is 7.2... So in about two weeks or so I should be able to buy and install... Thanks for putting up with me in the meantime.

I noticed that the CircuPool EDGE40 Salt Chlorine Generator has an aluminum heat sink on the back. Should it be mounted in total shade to as protect the control box? I'm thinking about one but it would be mounted in 75/25 direct sun.

I noticed that the CircuPool EDGE40 Salt Chlorine Generator has an aluminum heat sink on the back. Should it be mounted in total shade to as protect the control box? I'm thinking about one but it would be mounted in 75/25 direct sun.
I have mine inside a pool room and it never feels hot or warm. But can’t hurt to use shade if possible

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Shade is hard to come by.... we intentionally put the pool where it would get the most sun.... it looks like you've had it about a year... Still like it? Recommend??
Yea on my 2nd season and have been happy with it. I have a 28K pool but running it around 60% 8 hours a day and does great.
I have mine wired to a 120Volt outlet and a smart plug

Yikes! That might be too big for me then. I have 18,000 and I run the filter 24/7. Would that go down that low and run 24 hrs? or would I need an external shut off? Or a smaller unit.... LOL.

Yikes! That might be too big for me then. I have 18,000 and I run the filter 24/7. Would that go down that low and run 24 hrs? or would I need an external shut off? Or a smaller unit.... LOL.
Yea you can turn the SWG power down and also add a separate timer for it.
I ran mine last year 24/7 and kept it around 20% power

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.