Installation question

Jan 15, 2017
Phoenix az
Hi - will be doing a DIY install - Hayward T-Cell 3. Variable speed pump runs at 35% most of the time - 80% for a couple hrs.

I've reviewed the diagrams etc. but would appreciate confirmation.

Could somebody just confirm proper/preferred locations for the cell and flow switch?

Horizontal from pump is 17"

Another question - is it odd that the return rises before splitting to aerator and return?

Thanks in advance!

SWG install.jpg

Last edited:
Just to confirm, your pool is very small volume? A T3 is rated at 15K so in Phoenix your pool best not be much bigger than 5000 gallons.

The cell and flow switch a separate. So fit in the cell after the filter and the flow switch where you can. Be sure the cell is wired so all power is off to it when the pump is not running.

B,

I assume you are putting the cell after the filter and before the vertical pipe going to the Return and aerator...

We always recommend that cell be at least 2 x the volume of your pool.. If your pool is more than 7K, the T3 cell is going to be too small.. Cells are rated when running 24/7 at 100% output.

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

I assume you are putting the cell after the filter and before the vertical pipe going to the Return and aerator...

We always recommend that cell be at least 2 x the volume of your pool.. If your pool is more than 7K, the T3 cell is going to be too small.. Cells are rated when running 24/7 at 100% output.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks.
It's 9k. Looks like I need to go bigger.

Just to confirm, your pool is very small volume? A T3 is rated at 15K so in Phoenix your pool best not be much bigger than 5000 gallons.

The cell and flow switch a separate. So fit in the cell after the filter and the flow switch where you can. Be sure the cell is wired so all power is off to it when the pump is not running.
Thank you. Will step up to a 9. Has a Pro Logic controller already so wiring is easy.

Reactions: mknauss
better to be before the T that splits aerator and return correct?
B,

Yes...

The flow switch has to be installed so that it can never get "flow" if the same water is not going through the cell itself..

The obvious reason for this is that you never want the flow switch to be able to close if water is not flowing through the cell.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.