Installation of Saltwater 8000 - should I cancel?

bigbrewbowski

Aug 3, 2022
Rhode Island
Hi all-

I just pulled the trigger on a new AGP from the pool factory. I'm afraid maybe I should cancel the order. I can't find anyone who will install for me and I don't feel like I can handle doing the install myself. As 1 person there's no way I can do it. Anyone talk me off the ledge? I'm in RI.

Thanks,

Many folks have purchased pools on their own prior to knowing who will install it. Are there any pool sellers there who *will* sell you the pool *and* install it?? I suspect that having purchased it on your own they may feel they lose some profit.

Then again .... got some friends who will work cheap for beer and pizza??

Maddie :flower:

Is this going to be an on ground installation (not buried)? If so the dirt work can be done by you or someone else who does landscaping.
There are lots of videos on YouTube of how to install an above ground pool - the process is a bit slower than shown when you are doing most of it alone or with non professionals but Watching the videos really helps remove the mystery of things.
Help to roll out/install the wall as well as the liner is needed but the rest can be done mostly alone.
Also, put out a call to neighborhood groups on Facebook & Nextdoor about pool installers & hopefully u will get some leads, if they don’t do the dirt work they often will have names of people who do.
I went with a local place for my purchase & install because I had quite the dig to do & they gave a good price, however, if I need to replace this pool or it’s liner I feel that I could do so with a helper (luckily I gave birth to two!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.