Install questions on a CircuPool RJ-60+

Jun 23, 2023
Las Vegas Nevada
Bit the bullet and ordered a RJ-60+ today, looks like I'm way oversized for my 15k pool, but I think I like the idea of having too much cl available if needed with our blazing summers in southern Nevada.
Here's my current setup, I run it about 7 hours a day everyday, mainly 50% skimmer 50% creepy.

I'm considering cutting the inlet and outlet lines at the filter(redline) and moving the filter to the right(x inches?) to allow for the Cl cell.

Can I install the flow switch between the pump and the filter and then the cell after the filter?
pool equipment.JPG

Can I install the flow switch between the pump and the filter and then the cell after the filter?
It's kind of against installation recommendations. The Circupool manual says: "The Cell and Flow Switch are to be fitted into the return line as the last pieces of equipment the water passes through before returning to the pool."

Can we imagine that in the configuration you have suggested it's possible that the flow switch is ON and there is no water flow through the cell?

Can we imagine that in the configuration you have suggested it's possible that the flow switch is ON and there is no water flow through the cell?
We could probably imagine something. It wouldn't hurt to follow the manual. A better spot for it would be after the filter, between the 90 and the diverter valve.

Edit: You do need 6" of straight pipe before the flow switch.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.