California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
What type of jets are folks using in similar size spa (7x9) to create a "somewhat" hydrotherapeutic experience without having to purchase 2+ pumps to support large number of hydrotherapy jets like the parajets??
  • I know it isn't going to replace my Bullfrog A7L but want to try to create some sort of hydrotherapeutic experience with jets
Background
  • We are in the process of final design & contract to build a new pool (18x35) & attached raised spa (7x9) however focusing in on the hydraulics situation for the spa right now.
  • Current plan is to have a dedicated spa pump (IntelliFloXF 3HP) to roughly 12 jets
    • Based on the recently discovering the parajets GPM specs......(20gpm demand each)
    • Wondering if we should rethink number of jets in our 7x9 rectangle spa or mix of different types of jets that are hydrotherapeutic if possible since I use our current bullfrog A7L spa almost daily.. thoughts??
    • Spa will be in ground and raised 18" above grade with spill over... but grade in the backyard is almost level to pad.. pad might even or little lower than top of spa waterline.
High level Equipment List
• Pool Pump -- Pentair Intelliflo VSF Variable Speed and Variable Flow Pump (Model: 011056)
• Spa Pump -- Pentair IntellifloXF VSF 3HP 230V Variable Speed and Variable Flow Pump (Model: 022056)
• Filter -- Pentair Quad 100 D.E./Cartridge Filter sqft with NO backwash installed (Model: 188594)
• Heater -- Pentair MasterTemp 400K BTU Natural Gas Heater (Model: 460736)
• Controller -- Pentair IntelliCenter i10PS (Model: 521908-IC60)
• Chlorination / Salt System -- Pentair IntelliChlor (IC-60) (Model: 521105)

Last edited:
Wondering if we should rethink number of jets in our 7x9 rectangle spa or mix of different types of jets that are hydrotherapeutic if possible since I use our current bullfrog A7L spa almost daily.. thoughts??

I dont have firsthand experience with the products linked below, so consider this for information/awareness only. . . We became aware of these when scoping our build with similar questions on spa jets, but didn't have time to research fully and ended up installing standard jets. May be worth looking into, or others can comment on if they have direct experience with similar in-line or cluster jets.

What type of jets are folks using in similar size spa (7x9) to create a "somewhat" hydrotherapeutic experience without having to purchase 2+ pumps to support large number of hydrotherapy jets like the parajets??
  • I know it isn't going to replace my Bullfrog A7L but want to try to create some sort of hydrotherapeutic experience with jets
Background
  • We are in the process of final design & contract to build a new pool (18x35) & attached raised spa (7x9) however focusing in on the hydraulics situation for the spa right now.
  • Current plan is to have a dedicated spa pump (IntelliFloXF 3HP) to roughly 12 jets
    • Based on the recently discovering the parajets GPM specs......(20gpm demand each)
    • Wondering if we should rethink number of jets in our 7x9 rectangle spa or mix of different types of jets that are hydrotherapeutic if possible since I use our current bullfrog A7L spa almost daily.. thoughts??
    • Spa will be in ground and raised 18" above grade with spill over... but grade in the backyard is almost level to pad.. pad might even or little lower than top of spa waterline.
High level Equipment List
• Pool Pump -- Pentair Intelliflo VSF Variable Speed and Variable Flow Pump (Model: 011056)
• Spa Pump -- Pentair IntellifloXF VSF 3HP 230V Variable Speed and Variable Flow Pump (Model: 022056)
• Filter -- Pentair Quad 100 D.E./Cartridge Filter sqft with NO backwash installed (Model: 188594)
• Heater -- Pentair MasterTemp 400K BTU Natural Gas Heater (Model: 460736)
• Controller -- Pentair IntelliCenter i10PS (Model: 521908-IC60)
• Chlorination / Salt System -- Pentair IntelliChlor (IC-60) (Model: 521105)
Hi, I see this post was a year ago and just wanted to follow up to see what you ended up doing. I was planning to buy the same model Bullfrog (as I have a built in spa in the pool now with just standard jets that arent really therapeutic). We are building a new pool at a new house and I was curious if you went with the Parajets or the CMP master Jet Array, etc. and how it all worked out. Thanks!

Hi, I see this post was a year ago and just wanted to follow up to see what you ended up doing. I was planning to buy the same model Bullfrog (as I have a built in spa in the pool now with just standard jets that arent really therapeutic). We are building a new pool at a new house and I was curious if you went with the Parajets or the CMP master Jet Array, etc. and how it all worked out. Thanks!
We went with the Parajets and hopefully pool will be getting filled soon.. results of jets TBD.

Late reply but adding my experience as we wrapped construction on our 9x9’ attached in-ground spa a couple of months ago. I have a very similar Pentair equipment list. However, I used a VSP for the spa jets in case I wanted to dial pressure down. The plumbers also recommended the basic Waterway Polystorm jets. With our seating setup we opted for just 6 therapy jets in addition to six standard jets.

Everything worked out great. We get a good, but different massage from both jet arrays. The Waterway jets are adjustable and replaceable just like an above ground spa and they can really give your muscles a thumping.

Be sure to sit in the spa after excavation and before plumbing to template out jet placement. Also consider where benches and finish plaster will be. It’s easy to screw up the jet placement and put one right next to a corner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.