Love N Lune

Aug 23, 2020
Central FL
Hello! I have scoured the net, Pinterest, and this forum for grout examples on a similar glass tile for our waterline to no avail. I need your help!

We have chosen an aqua/tan blend subway tiles from Artistry in Mosaics for our geometric pool. The pool will have two sheers and we would use the same glass tile on the supporting pedestals. We are using Wet Edge Caribbean for the interior and sand dune pavers for the deck.

I would like for the tiles to stand out and don’t want white (as shown in the brochure). I found 8 colors. The pool builder recommended TEC Warm Taupe (#7 in attached pic) but I see more gray - and there is nothing gray about the pool design. I was thinking of either light smoke (#8 in attached pic) or parchment (# 5 in attached pic) but I’m not sure how quickly grout turns/fades as thus is our first pool build. I think the grout should coordinate with the pavers but what if parchment is too light???

Suggestions welcomed.

57C609D4-EF4E-41E8-BA4B-DAD7DAA7998C.jpeg
6FB03589-5A2C-4B74-ADCF-EC286DACB9EB.jpeg

NOT warm taupe.........that will not look very good with anything other than maybe the brown tiles...........if you want each tile to stand out like in the "finished" pic then you want a base of white with the grout. I am really thinking the Standard white to the ivory will work as they are not bright white but have a hint of brown in them. Did you get any of the grout sticks to play with to see what the grout looks like in real life? That is VERY helpful but make sure to look at it in the sun light in your yard where the pool is going.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Love N Lune
NOT warm taupe.........that will not look very good with anything other than maybe the brown tiles...........if you want each tile to stand out like in the "finished" pic then you want a base of white with the grout. I am really thinking the Standard white to the ivory will work as they are not bright white but have a hint of brown in them. Did you get any of the grout sticks to play with to see what the grout looks like in real life? That is VERY helpful but make sure to look at it in the sun light in your yard where the pool is going.

Kim:kim:

thank you for confirming my suspicions that warm taupe ain’t it. I forgot to mention that we will use white thin set, which helps with the clearer aqua tiles. The pictures are from the show room and gave the grout sticks but I have not yet brought the samples home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.